Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?

Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?
VH Audio? DH Labs? Cryoparts? Volex, etc? Maybe not for source cords, but Furutech, Nanotech, Oyaide, and the like is too expensive for amp cords.
pmboyd
Go to Home Depot,Lowes,Ace Hardware,electrical supply store,etc. and get some 12/3 or 10/3 SO cord.About a buck a foot.
Hmmmm. I doubt that Home Depot type wire is the same quality as, say, DG Labs, which is silver coated copper with shielding and vibration damping...
I'm not an expert on power cables, but I built two PCs loosely based on Chris VH's DIY recipe:

http://www.venhaus1.com/diymains.html

I'm a skeptic when it comes to expensive power cables, so I wanted to make the largest cable for the cheapest amount of money. Instead of 12 awg, I used 8 awg Southwire from Home Depot. I followed Chris's design: two hot and two neutral wires twisted in a star quad. It wasn't easy to twist 8 awg wire, but I did my best. I pushed the finished beast into a suitably sized high-pressure air hose. Then I twisted an 8 awg ground on top of the air hose in the opposite direction. The whole affair was covered with polyester mesh braiding. The ends were terminated with Pass & Seymour and Wattgate plugs -- not an easy task. I don't like the size of the finished product, but that's par for the course. The aggregate cable is 5 awg.

In the end, I can't say I heard a dramatic difference compared to a Flavor 4. They were connected to my amps. The project wasn't too difficult, but it certainly wasn't easy.

I'd like to build another cable based on a braided design like Lessloss.