Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?

Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?
VH Audio? DH Labs? Cryoparts? Volex, etc? Maybe not for source cords, but Furutech, Nanotech, Oyaide, and the like is too expensive for amp cords.
pmboyd
I have exchanged e-mails with Chris VenHaus on this one and have done my own A/B testing. THE budget high current PC is the Flavor 4. You will find better, but not unless you spend multiples more. Build a Flavor 4 with your favorite connectors and you will be VERY happy.

I use three 20A Flavor 4 PCs with Furutech FI-25Rs for my three Shunyata PLCs and could not be happier.

My two cents.
Supra Lorad is 13 ga, thinner than VH, DH or Cryo, to mention a few. DH Labs told me today that their literature on the Power Plus wire is incorrect, it's 11 ga, not 12.
Gauge of coarse is not the only factor. The cable is wonderful for the money. 2 meters is $30. It is a very good option to consider. DH Labs is also good. I have owned both.
Grannyring, Thanks for your input. I agree, gauge isn't the only factor and it's certain that ac plugs count equally much, if not more. And shielding probably counts less than vibration damping or conductor isolation.

Maybe I should spend less on the wire and more on the plugs. I was planning Furutech FI-11M Gold; perhaps I should opt for FI-25, even though it adds substantially to the cost. On the other hand, spending more money at the source seems like a better idea.

Has anyone compared wire for coloration, extension and transparency -- VH, DH, Cryoparts, Supra Lo, etc -- head to head, all other things being equal?
shielding probably counts less than vibration damping or conductor isolation
I doubt that that is true. See the posts by Atmasphere in the following thread, explaining why large amounts of high frequency noise may be generated in both the power supply and the power transformer of a power amp, and be coupled from there into the power cord:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1249822202&openflup&47&4#47

Regards,
-- Al