Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?

Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?
VH Audio? DH Labs? Cryoparts? Volex, etc? Maybe not for source cords, but Furutech, Nanotech, Oyaide, and the like is too expensive for amp cords.
pmboyd
shielding probably counts less than vibration damping or conductor isolation
I doubt that that is true. See the posts by Atmasphere in the following thread, explaining why large amounts of high frequency noise may be generated in both the power supply and the power transformer of a power amp, and be coupled from there into the power cord:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1249822202&openflup&47&4#47

Regards,
-- Al
The last post is very interesting. Has anyone auditioned shielded and unshielded power cords on their power amp to see if there's an audible difference? Of course, this would only be valid if the only difference between cords is the shielding.
Question for the group. Mind I'm not trying to cause a ruckus but rather genuinely curious. First if it it thought that a better power cord improves things why not run a dedicated better line from the main panel in the house. ie if 5 feet of better improves things would 5o more feet improve things more?

Second my knowledge of solid state physics is way deeper than my audio understanding and or experience. Given that I'm completely at a loss why vibration isolation of a power cord should make any difference. Are there any studies out there?
Speaking to my own situation, running a dedicated line is impossible in as much as I rent rather than own.
But apart from my situation, I believe it's usually desirable to run a dedicated line...