Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?

Best budget, high current, DIY power cord wire?
VH Audio? DH Labs? Cryoparts? Volex, etc? Maybe not for source cords, but Furutech, Nanotech, Oyaide, and the like is too expensive for amp cords.
pmboyd
I'd advise you not to get too hung up on asking for other people's heads up comparisons. Power cords are so system and component dependent that what's mana from heaven in one system is chaff to be thrown away in another. When one person says something completely opposite from someone else about a wire or component, it doesn't mean one's wrong and one's right. Usually, they are both right, but only in the context of their system. This subjectivity is really aggravating to one possessed of "right brained" analytical thinking, but that's the annoying reality of things. Unfortunately, you just have to buy and try a few things.
Photon46 makes some excellent points. Even the factor I mentioned, about high frequency noise generated in the power supply and/or power transformer of a power amp coupling into the amp's power cord and then radiating into other parts of the system, would be highly system dependent in several ways.

Both the amplitude and the frequencies of the noise would be dependent on the amp, and also on the music being played. The degree to which the noise would couple into other parts of the system would be dependent on the effectiveness of the shielding in the power cord, the placement of the power cord relative to other cables, power cords, and components in the system, and the sensitivity of the other components to that noise. All of that figuring to be highly inconsistent from system to system.

One small correction, though. I'm pretty certain that analytical and "linear" thought processes are considered to be left-brained thinking. It is right-brained thinking that is intuitive, sensory oriented, and perhaps subjective to a greater degree.

Re Paulsax's questions:

1)One reason that the construction of the power cord would be more important than the construction of the house wiring that feeds it is this issue of shielding. Shielding in the power cord will obviously play a more significant role in preventing noise emanating from the corresponding component from radiating into other parts of the system than will the house wiring, due to its closer proximity to other parts of the system.

2)Re vibration sensitivity of power cords, my answer, as an experienced multi-degreed electronics engineer and analog and digital circuit designer, and as a long-time audiophile, is that I don't have the slightest idea. :)

Best regards,
-- Al
It's rare that opinions are diametric opposites, though clearly people have different aesthetic proclivities, which, hopefully, are able to be expressed. I find that people agree with a reasonably predictable frequency -- about practical matters anyway, not necessarily about theory. And notwithstanding the issue of synergy, I believe it's still possible to make useful generalizations.
Photon46 speaks a great deal of truth. The ultimate performance of a power cable in a system is dependent on synergy to a great degree. This is why I suggested the Supra LoRad cable for $15 a meter.

It will outperform your standard stock cable and give good performance for only $70 for 2 meters fully terminated with Supra plugs.

This meets your need for a low cost cable that is cheap and will outperform the stock cables sent with gear.
I figure that just about anything (some will not agree) will outperform the stock cables. I'd like to get the wires and plugs that outperform their brethren of the same price point, say wire @ 12/ft or less, and plugs at $50 each or less.