Synergistic Research ART Basik, any opinions?

I'm was researching the Synergistic ART Basik as opposed to its big brother the S/R ART and haven't found any reviews/opinions on the Basik.

Does anybody have the S/R ART Basik or has anybody compared the ART Basik with the more expensive S/R ART?

The S/R ART is bit too pricey for me (at the moment). Hence I'm looking into the Basik.

Thanks!
jaspal_kallar
Sabai

There are some of us around who used the original Audiopoint's 2.0's for resonance dissapation on the top of loudspeakers and some chassis's. You simply turned it up side down with the point facing up. That was 10 or 12 years back. I also wall and ceiling mounted Sistrum Sp004's. With this set up you could adjust the tension of the device to the surface for both resonance collection and dissapation. You had to use the coupling discs between the surface and the points and use a long brass bolt and washer set for tuning purposes. Of course you only used 3 points and not 6. Very effective. No one else promoting this use or a product for such purposes. You can also terminate drivers in a similar method. Tom
Theaudiotweak, I use my Harmonix SYN-100 footers the same way and also have Totem beaks on top of components other than speakers.
You could hear the difference from the ARTs at CES when you entered the SR room. I use both the original ARTs and two sets of the Basiks which I also use in my NM listening room in the summer. It is only 13 x 10 x 8.' They help it greatly. Still not like my 18 x 26 x 11.5' room, but definitely improved.

There are a lot of self-proclaimed scam police out there who never listen to what they condemn.
I have eliminated a lot of room treatments and tweaks and added others since I posted to this thread. But ART stays put. I just fine-tuned the placement which is crucial for optimizing the ART system. I am using it with my own DIY HFTs. The interesting thing is that most of these treatments and systems are complementary and synergistic even if they are mixed and matched from different companies -- with DIY thrown in for good measure.

Is anyone out there still impressed with ART? Are there folks who are using additional Gravitrons and Magnetrons with good results?
Sabai:

The Synergistic research is still the foundation of accoustic treatments to my listening room. In addition to the Vibratron, I do use the full compliment of Gravitrons, Magnitrons, and Bass stations. Front wall has 4 Magnitrons and 2 Gravitrons. Near the first reflection point on each side wall is a Magnitron. The wall behind the listener has a Gravitron. In front of each speaker is a Bass Station.

And you are absolutely correct, you do have to positiom them with care.