Your homemade tweaks?

Having just read bgmyers thread on isolating cables and some of the excellent ideas our fellow audiogoners shared, I thought it would be great for us to compile a listing of all the innovative alternatives and their uses we have come up with to tweak our systems in lieu of buying them from the pricey manufacturers.

I'll start it off with having used tennis balls as isolation devices under components.
corazon
01-02-11: Audiofeil
I installed windmills to get off the grid.
Does this give you an airier soundstage? Dynamics that ruffle your hair? :)
I have used caulk to minimize vibration between capacitors(and other non heat producing components) and circuit boards(let it dry). A world of difference. Of course, chassis isolation(damping sheets,etc.)as well.
Mrdecibel

Was the rope caulk that you used called Moretite? I saw in a McCormack DNA .5 Deluxe FS some time ago on another site that had rope caulk on the corners of the amp on the inside as well as on the caps on the output boards.
Jedinite24 Although I have used rope caulk on many projects like the ones you mention, the caulk I speak of is the builders caulk used for doors and windows, or kitchen and bath use, found at your neighborhood Home Depot. I use the squeeze tubes, rather than the tubes used with guns(you pay more for less this way, but the squeeze tubes are more manageable). This tweak has been around for many years. It is quite popular in use in speaker crossovers. The difference (to my eyes (dvd players) as well as my ears) is remarkable in every project and piece I modify.
Thanks Mrdecibel for specifying. That builders caulk is easier to find at Home Deport. I asked some of the associates about Mortite or just plain Rope caulk and they had no idea as to what I was talking about.