Teo XLR

I notice liquid cables are being talked about a bit at the moment so thought I'd share my experience.

I come from a somewhat cable sceptic background. After playing with modest cables I felt there were differences but it was all pretty subtle. The best I came across were Anti-cables which with everything I've seen seemed to offer slightly greater clarity. They've stayed in my system for the past 3 years as it's evolved.

I run an Emm Labs, Muse amp (very underrated)and Kharma speakers with just an XLR between the electronics. I was offered the opportunity to try a Teo XLR in an unfamiliar system a little while ago and was surprised at the difference it made so at the earliest opportunity I tried them in mine.

I've had them for over a week now and have been surprised at just how big a difference they've made. In a system that I've been very happy with the greater decay and body to notes is a revelation. They've added a more natural perspective that I didn't know I was missing. Very impressive.
defride
Glory,
With all due respect, if you would devote some time to doing careful research on Galinstan you will then show that you are capable of focusing on the issue at hand -- without the need to personalize your posts in an inappropriate manner including the use of demeaning language.

Indium constitutes 21.5% of Galinstan. Here is what the research on indium shows.

"All indium compounds should be regarded as highly toxic. Indium compounds damage the heart, kidney, and liver, and may be teratogenic [causing birth defects]".

With all due respect, I don't believe this shows that I have either shot myself in the foot or that I look foolish. On the contrary. It shows that I am focusing strictly on the facts.
I find it worthy to note the information on the Teo site under "Material Safety Data Sheet":

"To the best of our knowledge the chemical, physical and toxicological properties of gallium-indium-tin Eutectic blends have not been thoroughly investigated and reported." This statement does not imply that this "blend" is non-toxic. It merely states that it believes that it has not been "thoroughly investigated and reported". This is a rather circumspect statement, IMO.

After this statement, there are several cautionary notes about gallium -- without any mention at all about highly toxic indium. The issue of the known toxicity of indium is simply sidestepped.
03-20-12: Musicxyz
I not really sure who you are but I know where and who I bought the TEO cables from. I meet the owner Ken who was driving a M5 and Taras. They meet me at Taras farm house just outside of Kingston Ontario.
Taras wrote:
In all the time that TEO Audio has been in existence there has been only one instance in which someone has come to my home and bought cables. That one instance had Bob Neill visit us to sign a distribution agreement to sell TEO Audio to dealers in Canada (it should perhaps be noted at this time that the agreement that was signed at that time was in very short order terminated by TEO Audio) During that visit Bob Neill, who is the owner of Worldwide Wholesales, bought only one (1) pair of cables. These cables were a set of our PDL series RCA terminated inter-connects, which at that point was our entry level cable (at that point TEO Audio had three cables in our catalog, the PDL, the SPDL and the Standard...the Reference which seems to be referred to at times in this thread was still in development and was not yet completed...and certainly never heard by Bob Neill).

It should also be noted at this present time that Bob Neill and/or Worldwide Wholesales is also the Canadian distributor of HiDiamond cables and Zu products (please see links listed below)
Thank you for the clarification.
Sabai,

Wow. Thanks for calling attention to TBG's post about leaky cables. I will certainly make sure not to purchase those particular cables.

Having said that, since TBG's leaky cables were not Teo cables, I am not sure what your point is other than to be a hyper-ventilating sensationalist comparable to a job-killing EPA bureaucrat.
Nice of Taras (sorry your last name is too long for me to even try to spell it out here!) to actually join this discussion. I recently tried one of your cables and found my system responded quite favorably to it. The sound was dynamic, fast and I had an overall sense that it simply sounded better than what I had been using up to now (XLO cables in case anyone starts asking!). I don't foresee anyone here chewing on the cables or trying to cut them open so the entire discussion about whether the liquid is safe for human consumption is totally irrelevant to me! I am, however, curious as to these HiDiamond cables. I have never heard of them before, I was going to try some Nordost and some Siltech cables which have always intrigued me but this brand was mentioned here by two members and by one of the company's owners which makes me simply curious. The Zu speakers are another brand which I have been considering and Musicxyz seems to have both in his system. I wonder what he uses to drive them and where he got the speakers from as I cannot find a single store that actually carries them?