Empirical Audio Overdrive DAC: King of the Hill?

I received the Overdrive DAC a month ago and have been listening to it without a preamp interposed between the Overdrive and my Luxman M-600a monoblocks to Evolution Acoustics MMmini2s.

I have rarely heard sound this transparent and realistic. I am a strong believer that top priority in digital systems should go to transport/DAC. Not all DACs and digital transports are the same; there are MAJOR differences. The off-ramp->I2s->Overdrive front-end is one of the best I have ever heard; digital or analog. I am getting natural, organic, lifelike music I never thought possible from a computer front-end. Only the DAC 202 is comparable, but I don't think the 202 could beat it in a head-to-head match.
128x128dallasjustice
So you actually received a pair of Evo Acoustics Mini's? I thought they didn't exist for real yet?
"How does one arrange a demo Steve?"

Email me at nugent@empiricalaudio.com

Its almost Newport Beach show time, so it will be after the show.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
The best DAC on the market is the PS Audio PerfectWave DAC mk II with a bridge. Why? Because it's what I have.
I am planning to do a double blind shootout between the overdrice SE and my PWD MKII sometime this summer, so stay tuned.