Glass v.s. Plastic Toslink

Is there a real difference in the sound quality between a plastic and a glass Toslink cable used on your Apple computer running into a DAC?
stickman451
Ok,so far the sonicwave quartz glass optical toslink cable sounds the best when connected between dac and cd player.I would say neutral sound,everything sounds right,high frequencies sounds better compared to analog cables
Using mini adapter connected to computers spdif out I can only play 48Hz and 44.1hz
Sound somehow gets warmer,less clarity compared to cd player.May be this the basic reason why so many wireworld supernova 6 mini toslink used cables appear on sale here on audiogon
I want to invest in higher quality cables for my connection. So given the choice, my music server has both toslink and coaxial outs to connect to my DAC, which is better, the coaxial or the toslink? Or does it just depend?
difficult to say,because diffrent (brands)media server has influence to the sound too.I tried 2 diffrent cd players with the same toslink glass cable and the sound is a bit diffrent ,one is bassier than the other.What makes the diffrence? I don't know.Anyway good toslink cable will let hear what recording is like.With good recordings you will enjoy the sound,with bad you curse cable. With coax you can choose what kind of flavour you want paying megabucks or several $