Power Cords--Your Preference?

spending a lot of time auditioning power cords---this is what I currently know---I seem to prefer the Kimber Palladian PK 10 to just about anything else I've heard---my Cardas Golden Reference was not even in the running.

Would be interested to hear your feedback about your favorite power cables----also, yet to find anything for CD player that improves the sound--even Palladian seemed a bit too much for CD and better suited to my PRE or Power Amp--- all CJ equipment. Thoughts?
bluesnbike1954
Hi Marakanetz

Now I get where you are coming from. You work on, use and see better gear than me. The equipment that I've had or have that still had a captive power cord the cords looked like gray appliance power cords or just plain old lamp cord. Nothing impressive at all. Some of the cords didn't look like they had any business to be hooked up to the amp. I guess that is what years of looking at bulky power cords can do to you. I've been looking at the PS Audio Power Cord cut out diagrams for years.

Isn't it funny as to how if you swap out a captive cord for a removable power cord the sale price can change? I had a tech by me who did some work on Sumo amps and removed the captive cords. He always managed to sell them for a bit more than if it had the captive power cord.

Thanks again for sharing.

To kind of go back to the OPs question. If I go the DIY route again for Power cords I may try Yarbo power cords. I can't find any users though who had experience with them here. I found no posts in the archives.
One of the best stock ones I've seen is from Crown 3600 amp. I would say that on audiophile market that piece alone would probably run for $400/1m, but unfortunately(may be fortunately:-)) it's captive. That monster is able to blast transient currents upto 100A+ just like welding machine and having 80V collector supply. So one can assume that the power cord in this machine is well suitable in any audiophole amp.
I had the Mac Burly, and wow, what a difference that it made in my system. Audio Nirvana is all relatively and subjective to each individual system. To me, it is quiet, seductive, and let the music flows naturally.
YUP...My system degrades appreciably with Cardas cables. Their power cords are the worst.