Clear Day Cables Speaker Cables

I know there have been some threads/discussion on Clear Day cables here, but I wanted to write my own opinions since I recently purchased a pair of their double shotgun cables after trying their regular shotgun cables for free.
I am so happy that I took Paul (Laudati, the owner) up on his offer to send me a pair to try for free. Until I heard these cables I had no idea what a huge difference a speaker cable can make. And the prices for his cables are really reasonable as well.
The double shotgun wires simply shine. The depth of the soundstage is amazing. The bass is so clear and defined and also deep and rich. Treble is also clear and detailed without any harshness. The mid-range retains a bit of congestion, but my cables are only a few days old and have only around 40 hours on them. Paul tells me it will take a few weeks for them to relax and open up. Based on my experiences with the standard shotguns, which were already broken in when I got them, I have no doubt this is the case.
As you can tell I am not much of a reviewer, but I hope if nothing else that I have made folks aware of this great speaker cable option. They are so awesome I want to tell everyone I know about them. I'm so glad I found them because of the countless hundreds of dollars spent on other cables that had nowhere near the impact that these have on the sound. Paul sends demo pairs out for free fully knowing that most folks will want to keep them once they have heard them. Not many companies do this. I wonder why?
128x128snackeyp
Paul is an incredibly helpful guy with a genuine love for the hobby and an eagerness to help folks get great results without doing walletectomies. A honest gentleman.
Myself and friend owned Clearday cables they are good in the top end and midbass , low bass I am afraid a Kimber12tc was much better.
By far the best Silver cables I have used and now own are Darwin Audio cables ,finally getting everything right including the Bass. These cables are not cheap but far from the most expensive in my opinion. And offer a 30 money back .that was why I tried them without the money back offer
I would not have tried them their ascension plus interconnects beat any interconnect myself or friend had in the .$1k plus range.the speaker cables
Need a full x300 hr burnin ,interconnects I just left on playing for 10 days .
Since the amp doesnot need to be on put them in a DVD player on repeat and get back to them in a week. Like night and day. Prana ,nordost very good but way too expensive for similsr performance.
Paul is a fine gentleman. I have been buying speaker cables and interconnects from Paul for couple years now. From low to mid to high frequencies my double shotgun perform flawlessly. All i can say is call the guy and try to audition his cables for free. I am positive you will buy his cables without hesitation
I wanted to let this community know about the absolutely positive experience I have with the Clear Day double shotguns speaker cables. Been meaning to share my experience for the past 2 week, but did not find time. I am thrilled like a kid.
My only regret is that I should have accepted his offer 2 years back when I contacted him for the first time regarding the cables. For some reasons, I hesitated. And that was a mistake. This time around I let Paul know about my speaker sensitivity and what cable configuration I was currently using. Based on that he recommended the double shotgun versions. Without providing any credit card details, Paul shipped the sample cables (5'2") and I plugged them into my system. He said to run them in for about 10 hours before I do some critical listening. Honestly I started listening critically from the first second. The sound stage seemed huge compare to my previous cables and the treble opened up more than I was used to.

I thought this was a placebo effect and switched back to my older cables. The sound stage came back to what I was used to and the treble softened as usual. Not to say that the Signals were doing anything wrong. It was just that the Clear Days were doing things much better. On familiar CDs, the instruments are placed very precisely in the sound stage. Instruments are delineated from the speaker boxes and seems to be placed beyond the room boundary. There was something that this cable was doing "correct" in my system. The sound seem to be "so real". I am sorry, I cannot put that in words, but I was sold. Bass now had a solid punch and definition. I think the cables deliver more current to the speakers than what my previous cables did.

I went with 8 foot cables and returned the demo cables to Paul. I have Clear Day's jumpers between the woofer and tweeter terminals. Paul had sent a 2 strand jumpers. But when I purchased my pair, I insisted on 4, at a higher cost. But as Paul had said, it did not make a difference in the sound as compared to the 2 strand jumpers. So I should have listened to Paul and could have saved $40; but you learn from experience. I did the burn-in on my cables for 30+ hours on top of the 20+ hours that Paul did. I am simply impressed by these cables, every time I listen to them.
I then requested Paul to send me some demo XLRs. He did not have any and sent me a new pair of XLR cables. He said that if those did not work, then I could send the cables back. These come with Puresonic connectors, that are jewel like. Paul does not make the Hologram ICs anymore since the Xhadow connectors cost a lot more. But the ICs are pretty thick compared to the speaker cables. This cable did not increase the sound stage. But it clearly improved the "truth of timber" a bit more over what the speaker cables did. This was apparent when I listened to John Denver's "Sweet Misery" which is an older recording. Guitar strings now have a natural "hang" or resonance that was missing with the older cables. It sounded like a real guitar, rather than an image of a guitar. I changed back to Signals to make sure that this was again not placebo. I then got my wife to listen to some of the CDs and she had no difficulties in judging that the Clear Days were much better. Of course, we had a difference of opinion when I told her the total outlay on the speaker and XLR cables. But for me, the money was totally worth the upgrade in the sound quality.
I suggest that anyone looking to upgrade either their speaker cables or ICs, you should contact Paul at Clear Day and seek for a demo pair of cables. The max you stand to loose is $6.45 in return shipping after enjoying the cables for 30 days. People have compared these cables to some expensive cables and felt that the Clear Days were better. I have not tried any expensive cables, and so cannot comment on that part. All I can say is I am happy and smiling, each time I listen to my music.
Sorry for this long post, but I wanted to share my sincere opinion and experience. BTW, I have no financial interest in Clear Day; neither am I related to Paul.
I tried the Shotguns on loan after reading the rave reviews. I ran them in for a week. There were aspects of the sound that were promising such as a semblance of airy transparency. However the music wasn't flowing for me in my turntable/tube setup. There was something missing as if the frequency response was rolled off and disjointed. Switching back to my old cables was a relief. I tried them in my solid state digital rig where they were happier but ultimately returned them. The owner Paul was very nice during the process and I wanted to keep them but they just didn't gel for me.