Pre-amp To Amp Interconnects

Hi,

I am trying to connect my NAD M15HD pre-amp to the NAD T973 amp with interconnects.

I have heard so many different opinions,

Are budget interconnects just as good for such a short length?
Is there a notable difference between Audioquest Diamondbacks at $90-150 compared to blue jeans or monoprice cable at $5-$30?

Can video component cables also be used as Audio interconnects? (as I have plenty of leftover video component cables)

Just want to keep the budget low on the setup and spend it on other items that are more important!

Any advice appreciated!
johnmadden
The better the cord the better the results!

Try DH Labs - they are very good and reasonable prices and you can even build them yourself to save some money

A very good RCA at a reasonable price is the Furutech FP-126 - about $12 each
http://www.furutech.com/a2008/product2.asp?prodNo=86

If you want a more rugged cable I have had great success with the Van Den Hul D102 III - tripple screened with balanced conductors - yes you can use it with RCA jacks

If you go the balanced conductor route you should connect them with a "floating Screen"

That is...
- the two internal wires are connected, one to the centre pin and the other to the outer shell of the RCA connector
- the screen is only connected to the outer shell of the RCA at one end of the lead
- The end of the lead that the screen is attached to always plugs into the source component - in this case your pre-amp

Theory is the screen will drain any RF away from the signal destination

If you need more info email me I can send diagrams
Oh I forgot to add - both companies provide cables ready-built as well

You will learn over time that ALL cables are just as important as every other piece of gear in your system. Even power cables!

for Power see http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1071276890&openusid&zzWilliewonka&4&&

Enjoy :-)
Do some reading and buy somewhat older models, used and you can get some very good cables at very reasonable prices. And yes you can use component video cables if you insist.