The best digital IC, period.

I've spent a great deal of time, too much really, to find the best IC between my transport to my DAC. After listening to six cables from some big names and big $$ as well as some not so well names for small $$. The winner came out to be a HAVE/CANARE $25 IC. With this cable there is no eye candy at all, ZED, but it's combination of GEPCO International, VSD2001 high definition 75ohm serial series digital coax, and CANARE true 75ohm RCA terminations, simply killed all of the esoteric cables with a few others coming in very very close, but the HAVE/CANARE $25, 3' was just beyond belief. Now I know that people feel strongly to use at least 1.5M in length for a DIC, but with this company I tried cables at length of 12" to 1.5M, i tried them all and the best of the buch was their standard 3' cable, defying the math. Hey, for 25$?
rpg
Hi,

Most people just keep changing equipment but never solve their cable issues. My views on cables are real simple; 99.999% of cables are pure scam with a nice sleeve. We have been blind testing cables for over 30 years with a 20 point (4 areas worth 5 points each) scoring system among 5 guys and a 6th person swapping the cables out. We are not allowed to talk to each other during the test or be in the listening room unless it is your turn to evaluate the cables and we are not allowed to see any cables being tested. HiDiamond cables from Italy are the only cables to score a perfect 100 point score (that is 5 different people giving the cable a perfect 20). When we hook up HiDiamond cables there is a very clear distinction between the HiDiamond clarity versus any other manufacture but really it is the phase coherency or musical flow that separates HiDiamond from all the pretenders. The HiDiamond Digital Carbon ate my reference $2000.00 digital and the HiDiamond digital cost around $400.00. We did test the Canare digital and it tested good but it would not be our top 10 digital cables. We have tested over 400 different brands.
Musicxyz - Did you happen to test the Ridge Street Audio Poiema in 1.5m length?

What lengths did your test include?

What digital source did you use in the tests?

Both of these will have a major impact on the results.
Musicxyz, What other HiDiamond cables has your group tested? What were the results?
There are 6 different guys with very good systems but we all prefer the HiDiamond Digital Carbon, Power 3 power cords, Signal 5, 7, 9 and speaker cables D4, D7 and D8. We all have several different systems so depending on if the system is in our main listening or just a secondary system. If I had to pick one series I would pick their series 7 speaker cables and interconnects with the Power 3 power cord and Carbon Digital. Sound in my opinion is all about reproducing what the recording studio intended you to hear and HiDiamond cables do that in our systems but it is still just our opinions.
I am not sure how much honesty you are looking for but please remember this is just my opinion from blind test results. We have tested Ridge Street and they also tested well but we were never looking for OK we are always looking for a new reference. I would personally say if the cable company does not a real factory or a metallurgy background probably stays away from that manufacturer. I could build a good cable with a nice sleeve and market that cable but who really cares. When you buy a cable it should have little to no effect on your equipment; you should never us a cable as an equalizer. You will know the cable is correct when you become emotionally attached to the artist. Cables with bloated bass or cables that are too analytical will not allow you to connect with the artist.
When we test digital cables it is always 1.5 meters unless the manufacturer recommends a different length.
There are 6 different guys so the source and DACs vary when we do our test. Several of the systems are very expensive and do have what we consider reference components. The equipment will definitely affect the results of any test.