Freak Me Out

I am looking for a CD that is very strange and exciting at the same time.Weird music,sound effects,good sound quality etc.Anyone know where Im coming from?
david99
For a rather otherworldly musical experience, I would recommend checking out one of the discs that document Tod Dockstader's experiments with electronics and tape loops, all of which were composed in the early to mid-'60's. When you consider the sounds and sonic explorations that this man created with what would now be considered the most rudimentary recording & editing technology, it really is fairly befuddling. On some levels, it puts much modern electronic music to shame and it is much more compelling than some similar minded music that was being created at the time, which became a little dry and academic. There's at least 2 CD's out and I'd recommed the one called "Apocalypse" with his classic 'Luna Park' composition.

For modern examples of similar strange-ness, try anything by Biota; a group of folks from Colorado who create some seriously unusual sonic-soup using mostly processed acoustic instruments. Their recordings are accompanied by artwork created by the band as visual interpretations for the music therein. Not for everyone, but a unique experience nonetheless.
Check out Laurie Anderson's Big Science. There are many great and different pieces on there. One of my favorites is Oh Superman, a great song. I think it was Rolling Stones song of the year back in the late 70s. Her work is mainly as a performance artist, but it translates great to recordings. It certainly qualifies as different.
Look for recording by Robert Rich. He is featured occassionally on the Hearts of Space PBS radio program. He prides himself in making electronic music recordings that are audiophile quality. His web site is www.amoeba.com --- his recording are available at most record stores like Borders or Tower, and can be purchased directly from him on his web site. There are samples on the web site also.