Bob Weir documentary on Netflix

Just saw this. It's called THE OTHER ONE. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Cheers -Don
fjn04
Okay, upon reflection, I take your (plural) point and admit to deserving it. How embarrassing! But lemme 'splain: I was actually startled to see the sentiment of not being a huge fan of The Band in print. Where I come from, The Band are so significant in the pantheon of Pop Music makers and history, that to not be a, if not huge, then at least not declared so, fan of them is akin to a Classical music person saying they are not a huge fan of Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart. Hope I'm not compounding my error in judgment fellas!
BDP - I have some strong musical opinions myself. For me, the significant bands include the Velvet Underground, Husker Du, The Replacements, Pavement, early Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Dead.

On the flip side, I can't stand The Eagles, Elton John, Queen, cool jazz, most prog rock, 80s hair bands, any RHCP after 1990, any REM after 1987, and almost anything that's been on the top-100 chart in the last 15 years.

I can argue these point vehemently if I wanted to. But I realize that those are just opinions and that a lot of people don't agree with me or just don't care. And they are 100% right.

Anyway, no worries, man. I have lots of unpopular opinions that I usually keep to myself or reserve for close friends.
I just watched "Every Everything," the documentary about Grant Hart (most famously of Husker Du). He's become a little bitter (largely about Bob Mould still) and a tad pompous, but he's clearly very intelligent and an interesting guy, and the movie turned me on to his solo records, which I had never really listened to. It turns out he's done some really good work and played some beautiful songs since Husker Du.

On the other hand, it also caused me to go back and listen to a bunch of H-D records again. They still sound great to me. Grant and Bob wrote some great songs (and just wailed on their instruments in the greatest way).

If you're a Husker Du fan, definitely check it out.
manterored, thanks for the heads up on grant hart documentary--i've always regarded him as one of the great unsung songwriters. you'd probably dig the big star documentary, nothing can hurt you, which is now on netflix. if nothing else it shows chris bell was ever bit chilton's peer
Yep - I watched that Big Star doc last week. (I'm on a music documentary bender these days). I agree - it opened my eyes to Chris Bell.

wrt Husker Du, Grant Hart never really got his due.