Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
So Jack Bruce driving force behind Cream, would you agree that Mick Taylor was the driving force behind Stones when he was a member? Yes, not jagger. About Derek and Dominios, seems from the comments you make about Clapton, then Duane + Clapton , both were inspired by each others playing. Remember Clapton had found a deep love at this time, Love inspires. But got to say Duane was an unbelievable blues player. The Allman Brothers 1972 concert at the New Orleans wharehouse was unbelievable from reports heard, played til 5 or 6AM!! I missed it, too young.
Cream was a collaborative effort, especially "Fresh Cream", but ultimately, if it was anybody's band it was Jack Bruce's. As his career moved on, Bruce was able to recreate the Cream sound with other musicians, in particular Gary Moore, but Clapton never sounded the same. In his defense I believe Clapton would argue that he never wanted to sound like Cream again.

Regarding Mick Taylor, the Stones were a very capable band before Taylor and even now they can still rock as well as anyone, but their level of musicianship peaked during the Taylor years. No, he wasn't the creative equal of the Jagger/Richards duo, but it's widely reported that he was denied numerous writing and producing credits during his stay with the Stones.
I saw the 1969 Rolling Stones concert with Mick Taylor, it
was the most god awful concert (old Spectrum, Philly). The only redeeming factor was that BB King was the opening act.
I saw in England in 1969 the Rolling Stones, they were god awful. The only redeeming factor was the Yardbirds with BOTH Jeff Beck AND Jimmy Page was the opening act. They put the Rolling Stones to shame. Eric has repeatedly stated he will not reform Cream with Jack Bruce.
WOW, Beck AND Page + Yardbirds 1969, Mam, those were the days! Indeed! Did you happen to see the Who as well in England? I never had the chance to see the Who, especially their Quadrophinia tour, heard it on King Biscuit Flower hour, very nice live.
It was 1967. I never saw the Who. The Yardbirds were in the movie Blow Up, the Who turned it down. The Beck/Page duo
recorded only four songs ( one being a radio commercial for
great shakes drink).