Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
Clapton was great...WAS....it seems to me he only reached great heights when he was pushed by a formidable partner in his own band...Cream (Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker), Bluesbreaker days (John Mayall) etc. In a way, Paul McCartney was the same: he needed Lennon. As for BLUES, I vote 4 Buddy Guy, BB King, SVR, Kelly Joe Phelps, Jimmy D. Lane, and among the young guys Derek Trucks and the lead guitarist of Indigenous (forgot his name...Manny something?
Clapton was a decent blues guitarist. He was popular, but he didn't play anything spectacular. He wrote some good pop/blues songs, but to say he was a great, I don't know - show me some challenging riffs that he did. I haven't heard anything new or difficult to play. BB King had more expressiveness in his playing and many others have as well. SVR, well his guitar style was redundant to me, but he had more talent in his big toe than Clapton.

There are many others nowadays. Clapton was yesteryear.

Rob
All I can say is that with SRV, Clapton, and Jonny Winter at my disposel as well as others for electric blues style guitar I find myself putting in Jonny Winter.

Now for blues try track 8 on the Greetings From The West DVD by Dan Fogelberg. People can play and then people can play from the soul. Speed is not what it is about.

I don't know if the song is on the CD or not.

Just one persons opinion, who does not have the extensive listening experience that others here have.

Remember to take the system as a whole.
Clapton, Green? Buddy Guy. Everybudy has his own style, i know. I love Vaughans -dirty poole- live also, but we are talking about the best blues guitarist ever. Vaughan, Hendrix, clapton, Beck, they all once said that Guys the best. Started recording in the 50s and still playing... Listen to the album- stone crazy- or tracks like slow blues and sweet black angel and youll know wat i mean... And between these 2 its clapton, but he seldom shows it of. Slowhand and Vaughan did a lot live with Guy. Jimi Hendrix taped a performance of Buddy once to learne from it when he was a kid. And Jeff Beck said: i didnt know a strat could sound like that, referring to Buddys -slow blues-. Well the whole album i think. A man and the blues track 5. And 7,8, the solo at 3.24 min!, and 10 not to forget. listen good to it!