Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
Clapton had some moments, (with Mayall, Cream, and Derek and the Dominos), when nobody elses's chops or speed were a match for his feeling, but that's still only a few moments, and none since,(Layla),1970! Green may never have developed the way he did without Eric as an example, but as far as pure insane blues feeling, he not only out-did Eric, but also out-bluesed his mentors: BB King, Freddy King,and Otis Rush. The guy is just bluesy, which I don't really feel about Clapton. Of course Green's good stuff was never to return again after,(Live at the boston Tea Party),1970!! At least it was because he went nuts, not because he sold out. BB must be given credit as the source for all modern blues lead; he is the -main- influence on Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, and Freddy King, and so, of course, all that come after them. The only one who escaped the BB influence was Albert King, whose influence more recently on SRV and a million club players, has suprassed BB's influence. As far as pure ability, SRV is tops, as no other player is so adept at both the slow , soulful style of playing -and- the lighting quick, high-energy stuff.
This may be heresy for many here but there is a new star on the guitar firmament that just may eclipse them all. I've seen, and been entranced by nearly every guitarist talked about here but none have affected me more than Derek Trucks. He does what Lazur rightly describes SRV as having been able to do, play fast and slow with equal ease and conviction. If I were quibbling on the technical aspects of things I might say that Stevie was the better rhythm player (mebbe the best ever) and Derek is a more original stylist. Aw heck! How can you choose?
Aw heck! How can you choose
Well, one is with us (fortunately) and the other isn't (sadly).