Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
I never understood the appeal of that generation of technically refined rather timid British guitar players. Give me the raw intensity of Freddie King, Hubert Sumlin (Howlin' Wolf's guitarist), or T-Bone Walker anyday.
neither.......Muddy Waters, you did say blues guitarist. I think Clapton is more rock. If you really want the blues, give Muddy a try.
Surprising to find no mention here of Davy Graham. Invented English folk baroque. (John Renbourn, Burt Jansch and others all freely acknowledge this.) Invented jazz blues. Was the first to introduce Indian & Moroccan styles into modern guitar. Intro to "Stairway to Heaven" is a direct ripoff of his "Cry Me a River" (available on YouTube). Playing, no one could touch his tone or fluidity on acoustic guitar.

Never heard of him? Look at your copy of "Sounds of Silence." Remember the guitar solo Paul Simon does on that album? The attribution to "D. Graham" as the writer of the tune is the very same. If you look up Davy's version, you will probably recognize Paul's as a pale imitation. Word is that Davy taught Paul how to play folk, but he could only teach him so much.