Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
Get the Bluesbreaker's "Hard Road" which has Peter Green replacing Clapton on guitar [excellent] or a couple of the first Fleetwood Mac recordings with Green on guitar. All are easily available on CD. The 'middle period" Fleetwood Macs without Green were surprisingly good. You might check them out while your at it. Avoid the later Stevey Nicks based Macs even though the band was hugely popular at the time and even to this day iconic to many ears.
i found a anthology with several old fleetwood mac songs. peter green can really play with some emotion.
I agree with those who feel there is no "Best" blues (or any other idiom) guitarist. For every name I can come up with someone will have one that does it better. Everyone's style is different and what appeals to some might not float your boat. I do feel though that Clapton's style changed over the years and moved away from the blues guitar playing he was so good at early on (with Mayall's Bluesbreakers and others)to a more commercial popular style. His hero early on was Freddie King. These days I happen to like Ainsley Lister, Lightnin Malcolm, Studebaker Bob, Chris Cain, and Guitar Shorty.
Eric was scheduled to appear on the Late Night show back in its early hey day. His people had phoned my friend, as they were on a search to locate a Fender (tweed) Twin,@ Eric's request to use for that performance.
My friend answered "I do not have that amplifier, but I will give him lessons". Very true!! IMHO, Eric would have learned much. Also true! My friend has long since passed.