Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
"MY PERSONAL OPINION".." ERIC CLAPTON IS THE NUMBER ONE ROCK GUITARIST OF ALL TIME". B.B. KING..1987. In August 1968..Eric Clapton's band Cream and their blues album "Wheels of Fire" was number one in sales on the charts in the U.S..no other rock/blues guitarist in the sixties had a number one album..not even Hendrix..during Cream's run from July 1966 to November 1968 they sold fifteen million albums..Hendrix
up until his death in 1970 sold eight million albums..nuff said..Hendrix NEVER HAD A NUMBER ONE ALBUM DURING HIS LIFE TIME..CLAPTON IS KING..which is why the Beatles idolized him and had him play lead guitar on two tracks of the White Album.."While my Guitar Gently Wheeps"..and "Yer Blues"..I saw Hendrix live in Sept. '68 and Clapton twice..in 1970 with Blind Faith and 1978 on his Slow Hand tour..Eric is Beethoven of the guitar..everyone else falls below....The live track on the Wheels of Fire album called "Spoonful" recorded at the Winterland Auditorium in San Francisico in February 1968..is the greatest blues guitar piece of the entire 20th Century and of all time..its a monumental masterpiece..can't touch it..
Between the two, I'll take Peter Green. Both Clapton and Green are blessed with marvelous melodic gifts and both are great when on their game, but....
Both guys run hot and cold, both had big-time drug problems.

Check out Fleetwood Mac's "Man of The World". A friend of mine who has toured profesionally playing rhythm guitar for The Cult for 2 decades put it nicely:

If that playing doesn't reduce you to tears, you have no heart.

Marty
If clapton plays the blues, what the heck does B.B. King play? Or herbert sumlin, buddy guy , etc........