Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
steavie ray vaughn...but if i had to choose...clapton...although i respect P.G.s fleetwood mac...
blues...it is simply a state of mind that is sitting along a bilateral flow of energy...green, or not :)
I have loved the blues since I was a kid and straddled the classic players like T-Bone Walker with the rock-oriented guys like Clapton, Page and Duane Allman when they were at their peak, in the late 60's. (Well, Duane died young, so we'll never know). We owe a debt of gratitude to the rockers for reviving a form that, in all honesty, really wasn't popular here in the States among a broad audience. Yes, I love the Chicago stuff, and the early Delta players as well (list me as a Skip James fan), but I really didn't get turned onto any of these guys until I heard Clapton do Crossroads and Allman do Stormy Monday.
One of the disappointments for me is that younger players, like Bonamassa, move toward a hard rock sound; the last time I saw him, there was barely any blues playing at all. I'd love to know about young emerging players that are not simply imitating their predecessors.
If I had to point to a consummate player of things with strings, it would be David Lindley.
Lately, I've been taken with more countrified players, like Bill Kirchen and eclectic guitarists, like Johnny A.
I'll also give a shout out to a relative unknown, a young guy who plays lead with a band called the Cosmic American Derelicts. They backed Terry Reid in a small club a couple weeks ago, and this young guy was tasty lick, nuance and just the right note every time, not one standard lick or fill all night.
On the other hand, I just saw the Kim Simmonds, Leslie West, Rick Derringer, Edgar Winter and Johnny Winter show, and with the exception of Edgar, who was musical as hell, these guys were either well past their prime or playing it by wrote. It was not just uninspired- it was boring.
Final note- Clapton doing Stormy Monday at that Flamingo? gig- riding feedback the whole time. You get why he was considered an 'ultimate' player at that time. Me, I rather hear fewer notes, and more passion and taste. Hard to find. Open to suggestions.
Best,
I think that the BEST blues Guitarist is very subjective .
I will have to say SRV was the most amazing...to me .
But here are some of my Favorites :

Stevie Ray Vaughan
Albert King
Freddie King
Ronnie Earl
Anson Funderburgh (listen to a song called "Tell Me what i want to hear" , or some of his older stuff, Change in my pocket album is Great)

Kirk Fletcher (relatively new )
Carlos Santana
Robert Cray
Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin was very BLUES oriented )

check out Kirk Fletcher or Ronnie Earl if you haven't