Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
I am Jamie- known to friends as "The Dude". I say the word "dude" far too often and even after college- and now grad school, it is still in my vocabulary. Funny really, but it has become the norm for me. I was turned onto audiogon a year ago from a friend who found the site and I browsed every once in a while. Recently after moving into a new house and deciding to get some new gear- I researched items on the site and bought things through other audiogon members to build my current system. I am as much into theater as 2channel and built my system as such. When I can aford to do so, it would be nice to build a dedicated 2 channel system. I have finally hit the stage where I can enjoy my sytem without listening only to become a critic on where I find the flaws lie. I now have a complete dynaudio system with a rotel amp, cal icon cd player, pioneer elite dv47ai dvd player, and sony 9000es preamp. This will suite me fine for quite a while until the upgrade bug hits me again. 'Til then, I am going to gain all the knowledge I can from this site. I am very impressed with the huge knowledge base at audiogon and am more impressed with the professional and educated attitudes the members have. It seems that other sites lack true knowledge and passion and there is little to learn. Glad to be here.
47 , self taught cook . Gourmet catering buisness keeps me moving and happy. Have been consumed with music since I was a little kid , my mom loved it. Married with two pugs . I collect art and spend most of my time designing post modern architectural design schemes for my home whereby I am slowly gutting my home and making it my own world of light , color , sound and facinating objects of art . Graduate degree in business . Drummer and have been in numerous bands . Mostly rock , blues , alternative and metal. Karate dominated my life for two decades until I tore ligaments . Spent all of my money traveling the world meeting chefs after school . Music , audio and the passion of the senses is the focus these days.
Hi, I'm a 48yr old frostback from Ontario Canada. I got drawn into this obsession (hobby) when I was a kid. My mother workked in a restaraunt and when they'd change the records on the jukebox she'd buy the ones that were going to the trash.I spent many hours playing these, scratches and all. It was the music that moved my world. I remember the first Lp I bought, the song that was playing the first time I had sex (the Gods were with me that night Smokey Robinson singing OOH Baby,Baby, followed by The Purify's I'm your Puppet). All these sounds came from either an old Phillip's radio or $10 record player. I knew that with better equipment I get even more music. And so it continues. The one thing I think we should remember is the equipment is a means to an end,that end is more music. I certainly enjoy music on my home rig but some of my fondest memories are of things like my fishing buddies off key and totally obscene renderings. I think we should share our love for music. Too often I see our hobby as a rather insular thing.Passion is best shared.Although no one asked my worst "audio" moment was the purchase of my first CD player. I paid $500 for it about 1982 and it took a couple hours more to find a CD to play. I hooked it up and hit play. It was like A dull drill boring through my skull.Laser bright and very tinny.Things really haven't changed that much. Vinyl still rules. This is a great thread.
My name is Henry, 43 yrs, and I live in Hong Kong. I am a equity research analyst working at a buldge bracket firm. I've been a music nut all my life, those my preferences have chged over time obviously. My parents were both musicians so I guess it rubbed off me, though they were Classical musicians, and I don't really get into it. As for gear, I sort a go thru 5 year cycles (thereafter try not think about it and just listen to music)...and am about to go thru one now. Both of my sons luv music, and though again tastes differ, its cool that I am finding out some interesting new stuff once awhile, and they are starting to get my old rock records...Led Zepplin!
Hello everyone,
I'm Jose. I'm 40 years old, 41 in a few days, May 7th. And please... feel free to send presents my way ;-). I'm single, never been married but have been with my girlie and her 7 yr old son, Kyle, for about 5 years. Luckily she tolerates my obscene spending and thank goodness she doesn't nag as much as she should.

I was born in the Philippines and I've lived in downtown New York City since I was 10. I'm a manager of a boutique in SoHo. I've worked there for as long as I can remember but I like the place and my co-workers, who have become close friends over the years.

HT is still somewhat of a preference but I like my music almost as much. There's nothing like relaxing to a good movie or jazz after a long day.

Some of my other passions are mountain biking, sports, especially my Mets (I've hardly missed a game since '77), who always manage to break my heart every year and a nice cold bottle of beer or 2 with some good friends.

I consider myself pretty lucky. Can't really complain much about anything, except for some shipping delays (damn UPS) when I order some gear. I really try to have a very positive outlook cause life is too short.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped spend my money on this never ending quest to find audio/video nirvana. It's nice meeting the whole bunch 'o yous.

ps.
Hi, I'm Betty, his girlfriend. Let me tell you it's never ending
hearing what he wants next! No money in the bank, just enough to pay the rent & food!