Best single-malt Scotch...

I have to give credit to Redwiki for the inspiration to start this thread. Yes, certain malts better compliment certain music or certain moods. Of the fifteen or so different malts in my cabinet right now, my favorites are: Aberlour "Antique", similar to the popular Macallan, but not as syrupy; a bit drier, light hearted and less complicated; great with Mozart and Brubeck. Mortlach "Limited Edition" cask strength. Powerful, smoky, mysterious. Great with Bartok, Berg and late 'Trane. Loch Morar 25 yr old. Incredibly complex and intense, with a hint of honey and flowers. Great with Poulenc, Stravinsky and Bill Evans. Any other single-malt aficionados out there?
frogman
I recently tried Aberlour 10 on Albertporter's recommendation, and it was an outstanding value. Excellent and affordable.
Rsuminsby, I've never been to Islay. The closest I got was Oban, and that was 35 years ago before I'd developed a taste for the water of life. It's on my list of places to go, especially so now that my new girlfriend has an appreciation as well. Probably within the next couple of years.

I'd be guessing that as a fighter pilot you were no stranger to a dram or two???
Gliderguider - you'd be guessing correctly! My squadron has a very impressive collection of malts in our pub....usually 2 dozen or so. And Guiness on tap as well!
Recently opened a bottle of Bowmore - Mariner 15 yr old - and was very pleased. Has the peat/smoky character of Islay malts, although a little tamer than others, and is very nicely balanced.

Balvenie 12 and 15, as well as Lagavulin, are favourites. Aberlour Cask Strength is a little too hot for me, but the Aberlour Antique is very nice. Tried a Springbank bottling at a restaurant a few years ago and was very impressed.

So much Scotch, so little time (and money).