Best single-malt Scotch...

I have to give credit to Redwiki for the inspiration to start this thread. Yes, certain malts better compliment certain music or certain moods. Of the fifteen or so different malts in my cabinet right now, my favorites are: Aberlour "Antique", similar to the popular Macallan, but not as syrupy; a bit drier, light hearted and less complicated; great with Mozart and Brubeck. Mortlach "Limited Edition" cask strength. Powerful, smoky, mysterious. Great with Bartok, Berg and late 'Trane. Loch Morar 25 yr old. Incredibly complex and intense, with a hint of honey and flowers. Great with Poulenc, Stravinsky and Bill Evans. Any other single-malt aficionados out there?
frogman
For you high end high rollers, I suggest 30yr. Laphroig. Truly a sublime malt.

Just found 2 bottles of Bowmore 17 year (my favorite). This is no longer made. Needless to say, I am hoarding it.

not really

e
Just bought the 10-yr Laphroig...no doubt it does not compare to the 30-year! But it is very sweet and smoky. Wonderful whisky.
I bought the Balvenie TUN 1401 the other day, it's good but I like the 21 Port wood better. Sadly I paid more for the TUN......
Splash of water really helps that Laphriag 10 yr. Makes it taste like an older more expensive scotch
Splash of water really helps that Laphriag 10 yr. Makes it taste like an older more expensive scotch