Best single-malt Scotch...

I have to give credit to Redwiki for the inspiration to start this thread. Yes, certain malts better compliment certain music or certain moods. Of the fifteen or so different malts in my cabinet right now, my favorites are: Aberlour "Antique", similar to the popular Macallan, but not as syrupy; a bit drier, light hearted and less complicated; great with Mozart and Brubeck. Mortlach "Limited Edition" cask strength. Powerful, smoky, mysterious. Great with Bartok, Berg and late 'Trane. Loch Morar 25 yr old. Incredibly complex and intense, with a hint of honey and flowers. Great with Poulenc, Stravinsky and Bill Evans. Any other single-malt aficionados out there?
frogman
OK, here's my current stock of scotch whiskey. Curious as to how you all would rate them!
- Macallan 18, 12 and Whiskey Maker's Edition
- Glenfiddich 15
- Glenlivet 18
- Glenmorangie Lasanta 12
- Aberlour 15 &12
- Balvenie 21
- Glen Garioch 12
- Jura 16
- Dewars 12

Salute!
Rich
Hi Rich,

Macallan 18 is stunning and despite its expense, it competes well with much more expensive whiskys

Glenmorangie always good for a solid, slightly sweet and smooth whisky

Balvenie 21...some love, some like. Very agreeable though i much prefer the Macallan 18 which is ridiculously drinkable.

Enjoy!
I was given a bottle of The Balvenie 12 year old for my bd earlier this year. It's my new favorite. I'll probably try the other ages when I finish this one, but the 12 yo is fantastic.