Best single-malt Scotch...

I have to give credit to Redwiki for the inspiration to start this thread. Yes, certain malts better compliment certain music or certain moods. Of the fifteen or so different malts in my cabinet right now, my favorites are: Aberlour "Antique", similar to the popular Macallan, but not as syrupy; a bit drier, light hearted and less complicated; great with Mozart and Brubeck. Mortlach "Limited Edition" cask strength. Powerful, smoky, mysterious. Great with Bartok, Berg and late 'Trane. Loch Morar 25 yr old. Incredibly complex and intense, with a hint of honey and flowers. Great with Poulenc, Stravinsky and Bill Evans. Any other single-malt aficionados out there?
frogman
Macallan 12 year old. Maybe not the best, just the best I can justify the cost of.
Just had a taste of my friends Arran and I would agree;a very fine malt.
Islay labels are my preference. Laphroig and Lagavullan,Bowmores,Ardbeg.
Laphroig 10 yr. (we call it "frog juice")is one of the least expensive premium malts; going here in Cincy for about $45.00.
I have found that price has little bearing on character and taste (in single malts).
btw most of the distilleries are owned by the Japanese.

cheers
Awesome suggestions - thank you! I picked up a bottle of Islay Bowmore 12 and Red Breast 12. Islay (smoky) was great before dinner, and the Red Breast (sweet) great afterwards. Both required blooming to enhance and refine their flavors. To bloom I used ice.
I recently have been enjoying Oban. A very nice middle of road malt; not too peaty, not too sweet. I really like it and its not $1k/bottle. Not even a c-note.
Frogman, what is your opinion of the Islay ones? Laphroig and Lagavulin are my favorites.