Wolcott amps The best tube amps?

Ihave been reading reviews from mags and amps are supposedly tops. Is this true. Has anybody heard these?
128x128snook2
Well Albertporter its been about a month... what's your impression so far about the Walcotts?
Hello Dan2112, and others. The Wolcotts are extremely good, I have owned two pair of VERY expensive mono block amps just before this pair arrived. By comparison, these are a bargain! Unfortunately, for the final word on ultimate performance, I need more time. The actual break in on this pair is only about 20 hours along. A trip to Belize (Central America) really set back my schedule. However, I hope that in the next week or two, I will be able to tell much more about them, as I accumulate more hours. I also plan to install some premium grade tubes (I already have them ready) and report on the effect of those in the circuit as well. For additional reference, I still own the pair of class "A" SET's that have been my standard for the last (nearly) two years. Some encouraging news too, Wolcott is now completely up to date on his production schedule, and is reported to have quite a lot of amps ready to ship. I think there are only a few that are pre-sold, so members interested in this amplifier will not experience the delay I had. Unfortunately, I placed my order just when everyone (including audio reviewers) were all making the same request. That, in addition to the CES, was a bit overwhelming.
Albertporter, Thanks for the update. I will be shopping for some new amplifiers some time this year and the Wolcott's are on my list to audition. I am very much interested in your experiences. I have B&W N802 and everybody I have talked too recommends Solid State like the Krell FPB-300 or something like the AR VT-200 in tubes. Dan
Dan..I purchased a used pair of the these a couple months back and they are by far the best from what I've owned or heard. They are tube amps cabable of driving any speaker (I use Sonus Faber Extremas, not the easiest) and have a firm, powerful bass which will make you forget about solid state, and very neutral mids and sweet highs..these never sound harsh yet never overly (but somewhat) warm. Even my friends who prefer solid state are impressed by these..they are really are hard to fault..almost forgot to mention that they always sound effortless..time to warm em up.
Jman, I am curious as to what amps you auditioned. I just got off the phone with Hank Wolcott and he answered some questions I had. There is a dealer within two hours of me, so I might go and take a listen. I would like to know how these amps compare to what other people auditioned here. I joined this thread a little late, so could some people share some experiences they had before settling on the Wolcott. Dan