phono pre-amp

I have a Linn LK 1 preamp. I've recently purchased a JA Michell Gyro SE, Origin Live 250, and a Dynavector Karat Mk 2 MC cartridge. I would like to budget $1000.00. Used or new. thanks, Richard
a2z
I agree with Bagwell's assessment of the Audio Research PH3. I bought mine used on Audiogon for less than 1k and have been quite happy with it.
Is the PH 3 a tube unit? Is there someone I could E-Mail off line to get more info about Audio Research? Thanks Richard a2zhomesvc@sierratel.com
ARC PH3! Beats my Audible Illusion Moduluse 3A with a gold board. I think the line stage of AIM3A is great, but phono part not as good as PH-3. PH3 uses hybrid FET input and 3 6922 output.
One of the best tube phonos is the EAR 834. They retail new for 1000.00 but you can sometime find one for around 600.00. It is one of the best sounding units under 2000.00.It is both mm and mc with generous gain. Very quite tube phono that rivals units costing twice as much. Good luck.
Have you considered upgrading your preamp to one with an integrated phono stage? The LK-1 is fairly old technology, and Linn's newer preamps such as the Wakonda have not only the slimline brilliant switch-mode power supply, but those with phono have a highly competent MM/MC section. This would also save you money on interconnects. The Wakonda retails for ~$1700 new, so a good used one should be right in your price range. Just food for thought.