Amplifier Suggestions?

A friend recently purchased a Naim NAC 42 preamp. Any suggestions for a good match in a power amplifier (with below $2500 pricetag) to drive Vandersteen 2Ce speakers. Source components are both digital an analogue.
richardmonk
Not the McCormack. To me, the Vandy's are a bit dark and mid/bass heavy. The McCormack is the same way. Very good mids(more holographic than most) but the highs are rolled off IMHO. A better match for the Vandy's would be Sim Audio or Bryston.
I owned a set of Vandy 2Ce's until recently, and replaced them with a pair of Vandy 3A's. I used an Adcom 5500 with the Model 2Ce's, and was pleased with. My recent upgrade to the Model 3A's included buying a Bryston 4B-ST, which is a superb match with the slightly mellow Vandersteen sound. I highly recommend the Bryston, particularly given the 20-year warranty and great service. If you decide to investigage the Bryston 4B-ST, I suggest you contact Danny Oovlin. He operates a very reputable Internet-based audio business and has good prices. The easiest way to reach Oovlin is by E-mail at: Bestofdeal@aool.com
Hi Richard; I agree whole heartedly with Lihifi and Auda.. The McCormack/Vandersteen combination is excellent. In fact, Richard Vandersteen and Steve McCormack used to used each others products and exhibit together. I've used both the DNA-1DX and DNA.5 with he Vand. 2Ces and 3Aa sigs. All are excellent. Craig.
Vintage Threshold Class A or Pass Labs Class A.When it comes to this equiment there is only pretenders and contenders.Nelson Pass has ruled as a designer for the past 25 years. His designs are timeless.One final thought you only have to hammer a throttle on a Ferrari once to get the idea---Same with Threshold or Pass Labs!
Check out the new Rotel RB 1090. Stereophile raved about this amp and its 380 x 2 power output. I just got mine and I'm very impressed. It blows away the Aragon 4004MKII it replaced. One of the best values in audio right now.