Amplifier Suggestions?

A friend recently purchased a Naim NAC 42 preamp. Any suggestions for a good match in a power amplifier (with below $2500 pricetag) to drive Vandersteen 2Ce speakers. Source components are both digital an analogue.
richardmonk
I owned a set of Vandy 2Ce's until recently, and replaced them with a pair of Vandy 3A's. I used an Adcom 5500 with the Model 2Ce's, and was pleased with. My recent upgrade to the Model 3A's included buying a Bryston 4B-ST, which is a superb match with the slightly mellow Vandersteen sound. I highly recommend the Bryston, particularly given the 20-year warranty and great service. If you decide to investigage the Bryston 4B-ST, I suggest you contact Danny Oovlin. He operates a very reputable Internet-based audio business and has good prices. The easiest way to reach Oovlin is by E-mail at: Bestofdeal@aool.com
Hi Richard; I agree whole heartedly with Lihifi and Auda.. The McCormack/Vandersteen combination is excellent. In fact, Richard Vandersteen and Steve McCormack used to used each others products and exhibit together. I've used both the DNA-1DX and DNA.5 with he Vand. 2Ces and 3Aa sigs. All are excellent. Craig.
Vintage Threshold Class A or Pass Labs Class A.When it comes to this equiment there is only pretenders and contenders.Nelson Pass has ruled as a designer for the past 25 years. His designs are timeless.One final thought you only have to hammer a throttle on a Ferrari once to get the idea---Same with Threshold or Pass Labs!
Check out the new Rotel RB 1090. Stereophile raved about this amp and its 380 x 2 power output. I just got mine and I'm very impressed. It blows away the Aragon 4004MKII it replaced. One of the best values in audio right now.
I would look at www.avahifi.com or the Sunfire by Bob Carver. I haven't heard the Vandy's, but I'm not into this system matching/synergy thing so it shouldn't matter. I just figure find the best amp and it should go well with whatever you have (extreme loads aside, not that the two aforementioned are incapable or that the vandy's are tough). Ya, I'm a transistor person, alot of people would shoot me for it, but we all have our biasis.