Best HT speaker system

I am building a dedicated HT room (movies and sports only)- the room is 20' x 40' X 8' - what speaker systems would be the very best - I wish to install rears, sides, LCR and two subs and an LFE sub - my electonics are Theata Dreadnaught amp(s) with a Lexicon MC-1
billw
SINCE you didn't put in a price, I'll tell you that the "greatest system in the world, at any price" (Quoted from Stereophile Guide to Home Theater). This system won the 2001 Stereophile system of the year.

5 ATC Active 100's plus 2 of the 01/15 1000 Watt Subs will run you around $58,000. For your sized room, you'll need a much more dynamic speaker. Go check them out in Stereophile GTHT and check out their new website at www.atc.gb.net!

Each Active 100 is internally Tri-Amped with 50Watt Tweeter, 100Watt Mid, and 200Watt Bass. Active Crossovers always make for a better speaker sound than internal Passive crossovers w/ external amps.

I guarantee you that this system will blow the living doors off of anything else in the market place... I have never before seen people coming out of the CEDIA demo room that actually broke a sweat before. Nothing short of awesome.

Lower budget lines are available from ATC which are just as astounding as almost all of their products use the same drivers w/ different sized cabinets.

Lastly, this is the system that I own....
Try the VR3.5's, LCR35, TS350's and the S/3 sub. See at www.vonschweikert. Revealing, quick, acurate, slam,,, this speaker grouping really does it all!
I have a Lexicon DC-1 with (7.1channel) M&K's set up. front is s-125's sides and rears are s-85's and two MX-150THX subs. For strictly home theater you can't beat M&K.
I'm using KEF Model 4 for the front main, a KEF 200C for the center, KEF TDM34DS dipole ceiling mounted for the rear, all powered by Proceed HPA 2 and HPA 3, with great success. For the LFE, I'm using the Velodyne HGS-18 Sub, which really rocks the house. I have found this combination to be very magical. The front end is a Sony 7700, McIntosh Pre, and Meridian Processor.