Jadis Fidelity

Somebody can tell me we do not see too many Jadis product on Audiogon? What do I have to expect(buy or sell) for a Jadis 100 (E34 Tubes) ? Do Jadis people keep their gears longer?
odiomuse
The Io arrived sooner than expected. Its a used unit, already well run in. I used new, unbroken in interconnects with it however, in comparison with the Jadis front end and its cabling. These are first impressions only after a long day's work. I used an LP with a Jazz Combo in a life session, one side Jadis, the other IO. I started off with the IO and found a substantially bigger soundstage, both in depth and width, more space between instruments, a better defined string bass and a much better resolved high hat ( so Jadis perhaps does truncate the highs a bit after all ??!!) I found a stunning silence in those "inbetween-moments" almost CD-like, but without the CD feeling of being in a void, which I dislike. I found the whole presentation "polite" and a little laid back in comparison to the Jadis, the kickdrum lacked that last bit of punch, the xylophone hat a little less bloom on long drawn out notes. The Jadis brought in more atmosphere, you had more the feeling of being in a Jazz-club, you were closer to the players.....the IO presentation seemed musically and spatially very "right" but just a teeny bit uninvolving. Is it a case of that Jadis magic again? Or in other words, am I so used to the colorations, the charming little cheats and seductive exaggerations to the real thing, which my "French mistress" imbues me with, whereas our Greek godddess is so much more true to the recording venue, more "sec" and realistic, musical yes, but I miss those shivers down my spine. Maybe Jadis has softly seduced me through the years into a slightly euphonised land of milk and honey and Lady IO brings me back into reality? And do I like that? I am confused.
Should there be any question in the realm of our hobby that a mistress is better than a wife? Why wouldn't we want to "seduced" every time we listen"? Expensive? Who cares!! When I sit down in my listening chair, I don't want minivans and nappies. I want "shivers" down my spine. Maybe we should all buy Jadis. And it even seems to be a RELIABLE mistress.
Detlof, this definitely sounds like a right brain/left brain situation! Any way you can use the same cables on each, or is the I/O not one with the separate volume controls? Otherwise, I'd suggest breaking in the cables a bit more and letting the I/O cook a few days and seeing if that makes a difference, it sure does with my JP80. I share your ambivalence, as I've heard the I/O on a few occasions and have thought that it is a piece that can retrieve more information than the Jadis without losing that elusive magic. My interest is more detached, though, as I'm really not in the market to replace my preamp, for space and logistical reasons (a separate phono stage means another line level input, and I don't have one available). On the reliability issue, since I may have touched on it in an earlier post, I will note to all of you that my few problems with my Jadis have stemmed from modifications made to it (mine was one of the early units in which Da Hong put Cardas wiring in the MC stage, and it had some RF problems as a result that fortunately Victor Goldstein was able to fix), not the stock unit.
Rcprince, your suggestions are wise. I wondered myself if I was listening actually to the IO, or rather more to cables not broken in. I'll give it time, let her stew and then we'll see if this here right-brainer will be more happy with IO's presentation.