Extended Warrenty???

I recently puchased a 65" Mitsubishi big sceen TV. The dealer was really pushing the extended warrenty (5 years for about $350). Are these necessary? Helpful? Do you really need to clean/realine these every year? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I can still get in on it before the TV is delivered. Thanks!
revdog
Kelly- I guess I feel a little better about the warranty I purchased (given the roar of disapproval...) as the TV I bought was from our local Sony Store and therefore the warranty is thru them.
rgd: sorry to cause more precipitation on your parade, but the warranty is likely bogus unless the warrantor is SONY, not your retailer. -cfb
these are like the lottery: save yourself some time by throwing your money out of the car window as you drive by the gas station...
Kelly - the Sony Store is a sanctioned retail outlet here in Canada and is operated by Sony Canada. Only Sony gear save some PSB speakers for HT applications...
rgd: for your sake, i truly hope you are correct in your assumption. sorry, but i'm not a licensed canadian barrister. hard enuf just keeping up with my usa legal specialties. -cfb