It's a Bad Movie, But It Was Fun to Watch Anyway

There are three types of interesting movies. First, there are great movies that are great fun to watch. Second, there are great movies that are not particularly enjoyable to sit through. Finally there are those movies that are bad movies, but for some reason are still quite fun to watch. Using some Q. Tarantino related films as examples, "Pulp Fiction" is the first type, "Resevoir Dogs" is in the second group and "From Dusk to Dawn" is in the third. What puts a film in the bad but fun category can be anything - a great performance, a single great scene, breath taking cinematograpghy etc. For instance, in "FD2D" I love the opening sequence. That plus a wild soundtrack makes for enjoyable viewing experience.

I'm interested in hearing about what others think are examples of bad but fun films. Please explain specifically what you thought made an otherwise bad movie still fun to watch.

I'd like to nominate "Congo". It's beyond dopey, but watching first class actors (Tim Curry, Delroy Lindo, Joe Pants and Ernie Hudson) ham it up to the max is a joy. I particularly like the goofey accents.
128x128onhwy61
Oh man, Mars Attacks was good!
Now Planet of the Apes... I will never go to a mobvie theatre again. Once in 5 years, and it's that piece of fried s***.
Lost all respect for Tim Burton.

KP
Eraser Head: Has to be one of the most bizarre films ever! But I'd watch it again.

Ishtar: What happens when you combine the talents of Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty in a film with a no-talent script?

Pulp Fiction: Sorry A'goners, but I loved this movie, and the more I watched it (4 times) the better I liked it.

The Cable Guy: Totally dumb, irritating, and boring.

More later...
Nothing to apoligize for on Pulp Fiction.
Too bad in encouraged Travolta to make other films (thinking of those 'action' flick he made! yuckety yuck!)

KP
My son and I went to the movies EVERY weekend, without fail, from the time he was 5 years old through high school. He's now an unemployed cinematographer, go figure. We loved the B movies, loved Mystery Science Theater, and must have seen every bad one out there. I would say of the ones we saw, Big Trouble in Little China (hey audiophiles, Kim Catrall was in it!) and Tremors (which really were camp type films and tongue in cheek) and Universal Soldier were among the ones we enjoyed the most of this genre, but I'll also add (1) Executive Decision, where in a realistic scenario Kurt Russell and a group of others board a plane in midflight to thwart hijackers--the best part of that was that Steven Segal was in it, and he got killed halfway through the flick-- and (2) Deep Blue Sea, where Samuel L. Jackson, the only recognizable star in the film, got eaten by a super-intelligent shark halfway through the film after delivering an inspirational speech. I'm sure there were many more I've missed (From Dusk Till Dawn is one of our faves too), but you're bringing them back for me. Great thread!
I 4th the Ed Wood movies. Plan 9 From Outer Space from the 50's has got to be the absolute worst film ever made. Anyone not familiar with it rent it and tell me it isn't the worst. You and your kids will LOL at the silly props and dialogue. For that reason, it is fun to watch, a real cult classic.