amp for Dynaudio Contour 1.1

My friend owns a pair of dynaudio contour 1.1, but can't decide which amp or CD player to go with. Tried the parasound, but too bright...
rxuan
He might be happy with McCormack electronics, solid-state but a very rich, sweet sound and incredible value. A TLC-1 preamp and DNA-0.5 or DNA-1 amp would be well within his budget. The deluxe versions are even more refined. There seems to be a good selection of used McCormack stuff here on Audiogon and on ebay right now.
Wirehead, Kthomas, and Sfar, Thanks a lot for the advices. I will definitely tell my friend. A local dealer has Sim Moon I5 and Plinius 8150 integrated. Are they also good candidates to match the dyns too? Any suggestions on the CD player?
Thanks again.
I was going to suggest the Sim Moon, but wasn't sure about the price of that unit. It not only is well reviewed, it's said to mate well with Dynaudios. I think to get it <$3K, you'll have to buy used.
The Sim is only 60 watts and I don't believe enough to drive the Dynaudios. I think the Plinius might be an excellent choice. I had an 8200.
Ruo: The cdp is something your friend should wait on because of the SACD v. DVD-A wars. I'm waiting to see what happens. I think SACD will prevail and then watch the prices drop and other manufacturers get involved. In the meantime, and only as a stop gap, I'm telling my friends to buy a DVD player that plays CDs. Pioneer seems to be ahead in the chip race and their lower end models play CD and CDR. And you can watch movies! I bought the lowest model they make and it gave my CD trans and DAC a real run for the money, I couldn't believe how good a cheap DVD could play CDs. I'm waiting another year because I've heard SACD and it is good. I think your friend should concentrate on the amp. BTW there is another thread in here about Odessey amps. They have a twenty year warranty like Bryston. Cheers.