best pre/pro under $5,000

New or used...I have seen and heard the proceed, krell, and theater grand III. Not sure if I should be looking in another direction. Need to have a 2nd zone for multi room listening. I do 50/50 2 channel and movies. Would love to spend closer to $3,000 if possible. I have read about the Classe 75 and the McIntosh MX 134, but have not reviewed mysef. As always your comments are appreciated
dave1117
I'd say that the the Integra Research RDC-7 is the one to beat for under $5,000. Fit and finish is first rate, and the sound is very natural and detailed. I owned a TGIII(actually 3 of them) and I really can't knock it, it's a great piece(very warm sounding), and very easy to use. Just be aware that some of the new ones might exhibit an audible popping problem with 5.1 sources, that's due to a faulty chip(this issue is currently being addressed btw).

SV
Do yourself a favor- Go EAD be it a used and upgrade it or new. You will be a happy camper and you will without a doubt smoke the three you listed!
EAD Clearly Comes Out on Top for sound quality and looks. Not for ergonomics though...

I am a EAD owner.

Good Luck.
B&K Reference 50 is hands down the best PRE/PRO on the market for under $5000.00. I would invite you to read some reveiws on the unit. I have yet to see a review that found anything wrong with it. I have owned mine for several months and can not be happier. I will never need to upgrade.
gdh