Audio Research comparison

I'd still like to get an un-biased comparison of the old Audio Research Power Amps: VT100 MkII, VT200, REF300 and the newer solid state input versions. I have heard opinions, but they have all been self serving. So I'd like to hear from someone who has really compared the two designs. Also I'm interested in the comparison of the new pre-amp designs with the older ones LS-25 Ref2 with the MkIIs.
blues_man

AR does a very poor job of providing uselful info on the very many products it has sold over the years. Just try to get some info on all the different preamps and linestages from their website. It ain't there.
In defense of ARC, I have had my SP8MkII and D115MkII for
over 16 years. When I needed help they were there for parts,
service and advice. Yes, they are infamous for their
upgrade pathways, in particular, the SP6(I lost count how many),but the newer models have faired much better. Besides, ARC is always at the edge of technologies, so what would you
expect?? Let's see if BAT lasts for over 30 years before
making judgements.
I have a pair of the new REF 300 MKII's. These units are FAR better than the original 300's, and in my opinion any of the 600 versions. The changes, including a change in tubes, makes this one of the best sounding tube amps out there. Haven't heard the ss AR's. AR does seem to have a propensity to frequently upgrade models, I can see how this may irritate some, but in the case of the 300MKII, what they've done is certainly an improvement.
I understand that there is a VT200 MK2 available. Has anyone auditioned one? How does it compare to the original VT200?