Direct TV causing hum in audio system

Hello,

I'm experiencing a humming problem when I integrate my direct tv into my audio system. When I disconnect the satelite cable, the hum goes away. Am I experiencing a ground loop? Is the solution to ground the satelite dish? (I had the dish installed free as part of a promotion.) I heard cable tv can cause this problem and wondered if satelite tv is any different?
ethannnn
Had the same problem guys!

The issue is that these darn dish people DO NOT RUN a ground from the dish to the house ground. This is MUXT HAVE!

I hae seen over 50 systems since it took me months and $100's of bucks to fix mine too!

Everyone with hum, make sure that your house polarity is correct, and that all equipment has a solid ground.

good luck!
Thanks for the expertise. I've been having the same problem in connecting my Dish Network to the A/V system, but only when I hook up my Toshiba S-VHS VCR to it. Using my naive knowledge of electric wiring, I thought it would be a bad choice to put "cheater" plugs on all or many of my system's AC power cords. Is there any danger to using the plugs? I'm also using a Panamax 1000, but I haven't had any luck using the coax inputs on that.

Enjoy the Experience.
I believe the satellite box sends a DC signal back to the dish to alter the horizontal/vertical polarity of the receive horn. If you put something in the line, such as back to back 75/300 Ohm transformers, you block the DC signal going back to the dish so the dish never changes its polarity. I presume that is why Treyhoss lost half his channels with the Mondial thing. As mentioned in an earlier post, make sure the dish is grounded to the main electrical ground.

Best regards,
Dave