Best AV Processor for 2 channel

I am looking at moving to a theatre from my two channel. I have a Linn Kontrol and Linn Klimaxes now and am looking to trade out the Kontrol for an AV Preamp. Is there any processor that will come close to the sound of a Kontrol or other high end 2 channel preamps for stereo listening?
jpvizzini
the kisto is the kontrol's 5ch cousin. Halcro has one coming out. Chord dsp8000. I would also say other non linn preamps maybe sim audio or possibly theta.
"Is there any processor that will come close to the sound of a Kontrol or other high end 2 channel preamps for stereo listening?"

No. None of the computers that are the heart of a HT av processor sound as good as even a modest preamp, let alone a high end preamp.

Does the Linn have a av bypass? If so, buy a inexpensive processor to decode the movies and run it through the Linn. Otherwise, still buy a inexpensive processor and switch interconnects back and forth.

I used to do that when I had a Casablanca 2 with extreme DACs and a older ARC preamp that had no av bypass. Even the Theta wasn't as good as an older preamp, let alone todays SOTA.
Agaffer
Have you heard the EAD theatermaster 8800?
Yes it is a smoken 2-channel,or 8-channel direct pre-amp.
Tim