Digital Cable Vs satelite

Hi Guys,
I am trying to decide whether to go with digital cable or dish network. price are about the same(dish offer HD box with HD package).Can any one tell me is there any difference on picture quality between the two?I am leanning toward cable because in houston,people told me that satelite have problem everytime it rain hard down here..please help...thanks
ttrhp
I had digital cable and it had problems with the picture breaking up. So much for less problems than satellite. I went to satellite and got a much better picture and had no problems relating to weather. I like my satellite. But there is also free tv out there with a lot of hdtv, so I am perched on the brink of getting an old fashioned antenna as well.
From what I read,cable companys vary greatly. Their pq, their hd content;whether or not they have locals in hd. Most say Directv has better pq;compared to Dish.---
So, you need some input from users your area.--- You know;walk up and down the streets and ask your neighbors--jus kidin--
Then you have to figure what your monthly will be after the come-on deals end.---- Cable is usually higher. Direct and Dish usually want a 1 year deal commitment.With cable--nothing to buy Tough choices.
There is a hood or cover that can be placed over your dish that does not interfer with reception, but keeps the rain and snow off the dish and reduces the artifacts caused by the weather.

Also, If you go the cable company route, and the cable box they supply you with is equipped with a digital out to hook up to your surround sound processor's digital in, you might not get any sound unless the channel you are watching is showing a movie that is recorded and transmitted in dolby digital. You will need the analog output from the cable box to an analog input on SSP to get sound from the rest of the programing.

Cable = premium station (HBO SHOWTIME)broadcast in dolby digital, sound will be 5.1DD output to your SSP

Cable= regular station Might not get any sound because no DD signal is present at the digital output of the cable box

With Sat. Dishes you will get a digital feed from Sat box to SSP on all stations. On premium station broadcasting in 5.1 DD you will get the 5.1DD feed

On stations that are not broadcasting in 5.1DD, Like local channels and news station you will get a DSP'ed signal, still out of the Sat Box's digital out.

This seems to be the situation here in CT. Check with your local content provider before committing.

I would lean towards the Sat Dish because you can get digital feed from Sat box on all stations.

And again they do make a rain coat or booty for the Sat. Dishes, check with whom ever you are buying the hardware from.

From my readings I understand that the old style conventional antenna gives a better HDTV picture than the Dishes or cable, and once you have the hardware, there are no subsciption fees, its FREE. Again you need to research this depending upon which part of the country you call home

HTH Dave