Denon 2803 vs 3803

Hello-

I'm trying to decide betwn the two. I would use mostly for music, with some HT. Other than wattage, is there a great difference (noticeable) betwn the two? Would it be wiser to get the 2803 and a separate amp later? Thanks
okii
Yeah (non-critical jousting only mind you...it's all good and fine) "mborner" your nowhere near the truth on this one!
Again, I've lived, eatten, and breathed custom audio video, HIgh end audio and HT for the past umpteen years, and seen and done most all of it! I've been down all the paths basically, and continue to "tinker".
The Outlaw separates(which I don't sell or endorse) blows your reciver chioces in teh dirt!...sorry to inform you.
It was the best sounding Ht system set up at last years Home Entertainment expo in San Franscisco by quite a bit! Mind you, there were other variables. Still, it was very good sounding, and better than any reciever I ever heard.
Hey listen, even the Acurus Act 3 and 125x5 that I used to sell(own as well) spanked the Denon5803, and any other flagship I've sold!
I've dealt in the Marantz SR18/14, Denon 5803, Yamaha RXZ1, and Pioneer VSX series THX stuff, as with others. None can compare, sorry. They're receivers.
Hey if anyone's trying to pitch how good receivers have gotten, they're basiclally all reading magazines designed to "sell soap!" It's marketing, that's all.
Sure there are some fine sounding receivers "for what they are." The old Nakamichi AV10, Denon AVR4802/5803, Yamaha RXZ1 and less expensive RXV800/1000 series, Arcam's $1200 piece, Marantz SR14/18, the old Sony STRD777ES receiver, some of the Past NAD's(although reliabiltiy a challenge there), maybe B&k(ok)and similiar have been excellent RECEIVER CHOICES over the years I've found. I'm not doubting that. And there are others from other brands, like Integra and HK that I'm sure have made some good gear. But were talking receivers here! In a serious HT/music playback context, they can't perform up to separates standards for driving speakers dynamicslly...bottom line! Receivers always are and always will be a compromise.
I've simply lived too long through all the "press" and "hype" to know differnt. It's what I do, it's what I know. REceivers are a substitute for separates, and those on budgets. If you wan't performance, you go separates. If you want features/value/convenience, you go receiver. That's it. All real audiophiles and experience folk all know this.
Congratulations on all your experience and accomplishments, Exertfluffer, you are indeed, a better man than I!!
I've had both-3803 has video up-converting, very useful in simplifying connections to the TV. The 2803 is notorious for over-heating and having a VERY noisy cooling fan. Drove me nuts!!! Go with the 3803.
Rich