What is The Best DVD player for VIDEO?

With a price up to 2300.00?

Again, not audio but video.

thanks
vegasgreed
i'm not sure. i've been spending all of my time enjoying my 2 channel highend system to watch a movie. my friends that do watch movies say that get a cheap newer model with progressive scan.

dave
"Vegasgreed":

The "BEST" DVD Player for video only???? And what would I get if I had about $2,500.00 to spend???

If I am going to put together an all out assault video rig for about $10s of thousands of dollars, and if audio isn't going to be an issue (and by audio being an issue, I mean that the player will then be required to playback SACD's and DVD-A's as well as regular movie DVD's), then I would have to take a VERY hard look at the TOL Arcams. I have read many times (and has comfirmed sometime later) that at the steep prices these players seem to command, the picture quality coming from these players is something that must be seen to be believed. The Arcams are THAT good. And it's not enough that they are very good in video. They are very good audio players too. That's what I would look at if I had about $2,500.00 to spend on a DVD Player. The Denon DVD-5900 would come into a rather distant second (but would be the first player I would look at if I am going to going to do high resolution audio as well as state of the art video).

But then again, as I have read in an earlier issue of "The Perfect Vision" this year, you don't even have to spend that much money to get a VERY good DVD Player. Arcam also makes the DV-78 (which also produces a top drawer picture, and superior audio as well) which retails for just $1,000.00. And then, I also believe that Sony might be closing out the DVP-NS999ES. And if that's the case, then you could go ahead and get a DVP-NS999ES for a great price (brand new, at Crutchfield....... at about $800.00). That's a player that's worth looking into as well. Their ES players have always been excellent players.

My two cents worth on the subject.

Good luck with hunting down your player.

--Charles--