Satelites Direct TV question

I have 3 TV one is the main room,s Iam using the sony
satellite HDTV receiver all channels are there,
on my two room Iam using both Direct TV cable boxes,
one receiver is only giving half of the channels,
the other box is always saying Satelite is searching for
signal, takes forvever.What is the problem here?
Although I was told by Direct TV, dish is not the problem.
I need your help Agoners, Thanks.
128x128jayctoy
I am assuming you have went into the menu and set up "the type of dish" you have.There are three satellites the dish recieves signal from.
First rule out any problem with the other 2 recievers.
Unhook the hdtv recvr and connect each of the other two recvrs one at a time to the sat coax cable.As you know, you will need to use a regular video patch cable. don`t worry about the audio. See if you get all the channels on each . IF you do its not the recvrs. Check this out first, before going further.Report back with your findings.
You might try posting your question on this site. http://www.avsforum.com/ they are very helpful and should be able to answer your question.
That's a great suggestion by Jea48. Like hunting down a problem with your audio system or trouble shooting a computer, go through a process of elimination.

By hooking each of the two receivers that are having reception problems in place of the HDTV unit that is working fine you'll be able to see if you just have a bad connection or if the problem lies with a malfunctioning or improperly set up receiver.

Good luck!
I will proffer a guess that you've split the cable without using a multiswitch. The DirecTV coax is not merely one way--there is some oddity about the selection of odd/even transponders. Are you just using a simple coax T-connection? If so, that is your problem. Go to RatShack and get something called a multiswitch...