Budget DVD suggestions?

Can anyone recomend a budget dvd player say $300 or less with SACD? I am always open to possible quality used products if it fits my price range. One other thing... Has it ever been decided which format SACD or DVD audio will be used? Or are both still used?
I mostly use my system for watching Movies but the idea of surround sound format is killer and I want to experience it. I think Norah Jones has a SACD format CD which is why I ask for a DVD/SACD player. Thanks for your help!
128x128oak244
I have had both the Sony NS755 and the Philips DVD963SA.

The Sony was better for SACD but waaay worse for CD than the Philips...probably due to the upsampling of the Philips for CD's...granted...these are just budget players that as Sedona Says will get you 80% of the companies "flagship" players. How much is that extra 20% worth? How good is the rest of your system?

As your primary concern appears to be SACD, I would go for the Sony...they can be found for just 200-250 new at the bigbox retailers.

just my 2c
Take a look at www.tweakaudio.com. There's a $100 Toshiba universal player that Ric Schultz does mods on for upwards to $300. I am currently using a stock Panasonic S47S with good success, but it does not play SACD. Some of the budget-class components of today easily outperform the once audiophile-class components of yesteryear. For example, the Philips SA1000 was a leader in its day, but is probably equalled or bettered by current budget models.
I would second the budget mod by EVS Tweakaudio. Disclaimer: I own one of his hand-built DACs.
If you can spare $500, I strongly recommend looking for a used Sony DVP 9000ES. I have seen this sacd/dvd/cd player on Audiogon for $475 a few days ago. When your budget permit later on and if you like to upgrade, you can even ask for modification to higher end.
I have a Toshiba 9200 (DVD-A but no SACD)which was Class A which was Class A in it's time ,

Possible upgrades/modifications or need to replace ?