Dialectric grease any thoughts

Hello everyone, I recently purchased new interconnects(1 meter pair XLR balanced) and the company who makes them recomends "the use of contact enhancement fluid or dialectric grease on all electrical contact serfaces, including audio signal connectors and a-c power plugs and sockets." I am skeptical to use dialectric grease on the XLR plugs and outlets, if I don't like it- it may prove to be difficult to remove if not impossible. I've heard of others who have had good results with it on Power cords, but was told not to do it to the signal cables, and now this company is telling me to use it- so confusing! shed some light on my situation. ~Tim
tireguy
Sean I think you're referring to ConductoLube, a silver impregnated type of grease. I've used it successfully on large industrial DC battery wet cell systems; the connections between cells are made with open frame lead plated buss bar.
Cheech - rubbing alcohol is not even close to being the best contact cleaner; it contains lanolin, a contaminating oil, which as stated above is not desirable for our audio applications.
Bob , with rubbing alcohol, it is the ideal cleaner for your audio components, ( faceplates, cases , audio racks, cables ,ect. i recommended this to all my customers and they seemed to agree. the oil content is so minute , you will never know it there. as for contacts it cleans perfectly, helping to prevent oxidation, commonlly found in the jacks and back of unit conectors, Rubbing alcohol never held any dust , nor attracts it. what's wrong maybe it too cheap? ever thought what is in "Kontact or Ultraconnect"
I advise people in this thread to try it with a white terry towel ( wash rag ) and tell me what you think. Bob you may have some knowlege in industrial aplication in the mater, but I have knowlege in both. In mater of fact Levinson and a few others recommend this and uses it themselves! call Sara Reed of madrigal.
The latest generation of Ultraconnect polluted my system!!! Took a long time to remove any trace of it. Audioquest made a running change in the original formula at the request of a certain angency.
I'd heard that thay made a change in formulation of Ultraconnect but fortunately I have the old version; thanks for the report tweak. When I run out I'll stick with Kontact.

How did you get it off? Pure Denatured alcohol (without the lanolin, water, & other misc. contaminants of isopropyl junk) might be a good approach. I'll bet you were really scratching your head when you cleaned all the connections & got worse sound! What happened - what sonic signature occurred that you didn't want?