Cables, Interconnects and More Cables???

I am trying to upgrade my system cables on a limited budget and I'm curious where the best overall values are into todays market. I have an Ah! Tjoeb CD Player into a Rotel RA-971 preamp into a Rotel RB-981 power amp driving B&W 603's and a B&W ASW 2000 sub. I have been using older Audioquest cables and its time to upgrade. Whats the word?
dcaseyb
Radio Shack has a very nice pure copper 14 AWG braided flat pair speaker wire. $20 for 50 feet. Unless you're pumping wads of current, you might want to try it. And if you like, replace it once a year and never look back. I'm guessing more than half the 'revelation' inherent in cable switches is replacing old for new. The Shack also has substantial gold plated spades at about $5 per eight pack.
An excellent best-buy choice in interconnects is JPS Superconductor. I am familiar with the discontinued model, not the Superconductor +. Superconductor should be available here on Audiogon for $125-$150. This is a cable not bettered by many much more expensive cables. It is dynamic, with very crisp, clean uppper mids and highs, decent bottom end weight if not the absolutely most extended in the bass. In my opinion, the frequency balance is slightly tipped to favor the high end, but the upper mids and highs are presented so cleanly, the overall sound is quite seductive without being overly colored. This cable is way ahead of Audioquest Emerald, for example.
The above are all good suggestions. Especially the MITerminator2. They're fantastic for the price. I was using the MIT2 speaker cable with my JmLabs until just recently, when I went looking for an upgrade. The only cables I found that were better were from Kimber and the better MIT stuff. I went with the MIT again. I swear by them. Brutal break-in period though; I found my MIT2's took a good week of constant listening to start sounding their best, so be patient. Leave your system on and walk away. Don't even have a listen for the first couple of days. The Kimber Bifocal XL is also excellent, but quite expensive, even used. MIT also has a 30 day guarantee, so if you don't like them, you can get a refund. Don't listen to all the B.S. about how they roll off the high frequencies. For those of you that say that, would you mind explaining to me how I can balance my system from 70Hz-20,000Hz within less than 2dB if the high's are rolled off? Good luck!
I suspect Carl is probably pointing in the right direction, but not having tried MIT Terminators, I must echo Sam by saying that my Harmonic Tech. Pro-9 bi-wire and Pro-11 power cord do offer high end quality at a reasonable price. My Cyberlink Platinum coax has no obvious shortcomings and images perfectly. I would say that all Harmonic Tech. products are very "realistic". I know that in certain situations they may not have been the best choice for Carl and others, but that may be due slightly to the specific synergy of cables to their systems. Keep an open mind, try 2 or 3 of the suggestions here if you can. My H.T. cableing has not let me down.
I used MIT CVT Terminators ten years ago, can't comment on new ones. But my present Stealth cables (cross-wrapped copper and cross-wrapped ribbon interconnects, Premier and Ultimate Ribbon speaker) are A+ compared to C- for MIT: going back to MIT was like throwing a blanket over my speakers. See www.interlinkhouse.com, and not the 30-day money-back guarantee that reduces your $ risk to shipping.