Silver cables - Great price!!

Has anyone out there in audio-land used the silver interconnects being sold by a new company called "Home Grown Audio"? I saw a comment in one of the threads about them, commenting that they are silver interconnects at very low prices. I decided to check out their Web page, and I want to share the news with other 'philes. I have no connection in any way with this company, but I think their products and pricing deserve serious attention from anyone who wants to save money on high-end cabling. The name of the company is "HomeGrownAudio", and their 999.999% pure, all-silver cables sell for $70 per 1-meter pair, or $40 in DIY kit form (you do the assembly and soldering). Their lower-priced interconnect has silver positive leads, and copper negative returns (ala the Kimber Silver Streak), and are priced at $40 ($24 for DIY kit). I ordered 2 kits for the all-silver interconnect, and will report back after I have assembled and used them. In the meantime, check out their Web site: www.homegrownaudio.com.
sdcampbell
Monroemed. Kevin @ Homegrown emailed this evening and Gallaine's method of breaking in cables is sound and will work fine. Kevin also noted that there should be a significant improvement in the sound at around the 50 hour mark. Since everything is kind of on auto pilot right now, I think that I will run them the full 200 hours or seven more days. I really know nothing about the fine points of (or more importantly what's even possible with) the new interconnects (I took fifteen years off from this hobby). This is only the third pair that I will have heard at home and one of those pairs is from RS. If they sound good with my Castle/MF gear I will post next week. If they don't I expect that it will be due to the lighter LF of my current system and will then try something copper or carbon within my budget, whatever that is, I seem to have lost track at this point. Mapleshades also look interesting and affordable, but the endorsements are a little too orgasmic to take seriously. I thank everyone for their help.
There are a lot of new cable kids on the block. The latest thing is very thin diameter wire in the cables. I heard two cottage industry cables last year featuring tiny diameter wire. While they were nice in the midrange and treble, bass response was ABYSMAL(nonexistent?). I can't say for sure yet, because these new cables have not been weighed in on by enough of our great comrades to draw ultimate conclusions. But, the bass response issue worries me. We don't read anything regarding bass response in these new ads, do we? Why? Let's not further propagate the myth that silver cables are weak in the bass, just because we are not using the proper diameter wire. All cables are a compromise, I will choose the full audio spectrum for my cables. I do not yet say emphatically that this is the way these thin diameter cables sound, my opinions are only based on my limited experience. I look forward to the impressions of other people's experience regarding the issue I raise. I just don't want us to fall into the flavor of the month cable. Changing for change sake.
I am borrowing some XLO cables from a guy. I don't know much about them and it doesn't appear they have a Web site, but their coating is clear and the wire's I see within are thin, and they do not lack bass. If anyone knows more about these cables, please fill in the blanks. I am using XLO Reference Series Type 2.
I want to echo Trelja sentiments about not falling prey to the "flavor of the month" syndrome. The reason I am upgrading interconnects is because I just upgraded my CDP and Preamp. Home Grown Audio has received some good reviews from people on this site that I have grown to trust. Some of you probably remember that not too long ago Shunyata Research King Cobra power cords were supposedly the king of the hill. Now it appears that FIM has "dethroned" them. Or maybe its the Stealth HAC. No, no, it must be the . I wonder who it will be next week...Seriously, back to the original purpose of this thread. I'll start my audition of the Home Grown Audio Super Silver interconnects in a few days. I would be interested in the details of an experiment comparing large diameter conductors to small ones if anyone has done such. It seems to me that you would have to hold all other things constant and change only the diameter for such an experiment to be valid.
Actually I found thin wire to greatly improve my bass response! Crazy isn't it!! I guess the best way to find what you like is to audition various ones out there till you find what YOU like!!!! It's a sickness, don't ya know, this quest for audio perfection!!!!! :-} Later!