Lost sheep, Back to LP Turntable: buy guidance

I had an oppourtunity to aquire an old unused LP collection recently and decided to jump on it. They look like they sat unused and uncovered, for at least 30+ years. A bit smelly, and moldy jackets hiding pristine LPs. I bought them, even though I had no ability to play them.
So far I have aquired a wonderful Audio Research PH1 phono, and am using a borrowed Dual 502. I am transfixed and my enjoyment of the music on these LPs is more than I had hoped for.
I am currently using a pair of Maggie MG-IIB and a Forte 4a amp, Kimber silver interconnects, an Adcom 7?? pre and the Audio Research PH1... (until I can retip my AQ midnight speaker cables, I am using ten guage twisted pair automotive wire and super cheap bananas EEEK!)
What TT??
I am leaning to a used Rega Planar 3 with the 300 series tonearm. The newer Music Hall MMF-5 and 7 also look appealing. (however I am a big believer in using stuff where the manufacturer has been around, and will be around) So I wonder if the Music Hall is an overnight balloon?? or not?
With my system, should I wait and go better? Like a VPI Aries Scout?
(I don't need cable advice, I got cables down)
And don't even start in on cartridges! But I would have a preference for a (slight) lower midrange, upper bass bloom in a cartridge, I mean just a tiny hint vs a lean sounding cartridge. And a clear top end, with no exaggeration, all for $200 to $300 (cartridge, new or used) Cartridges are a giant vacuum in my Audiophillia type knowledge...
You suggestions, praise (for coming in out from the 'dark side' ...from ugh, CDs... ),comments, warnings, dark forbodings, appreciated.
elizabeth
Francisco, is your Creature the most modded and advanced of its type, or has anyone else you know gone to a further extent with the 1200? Just how far can you go with the Creature? And is there a "diminishing returns" point that you have experienced? What are the most effective things to do to it, in your opinion?
There is someone here who's an EE and into modding everything he gets a hold of: Nightdoggy. He told me that he's upgraded his 1200's quartz lock circuit board. He says that drift and instability have been reduced to negligible levels...

Tom, I think that's it as far as mods go. Bill Parish told me to replace the stock tonearm for an SME III but I think that's going overboard. Last night I was playing my reference recording with the modded Groovemaster II: The Barbara Streitsand Album. I can play the innermost grooves with no breakup nor mistracking whatsoever--no small feat when Barabra's voice goes so high pitched, loud and sustained.

The modded Groovemaster II has the midrange of a very expensive MC: coherent throughout the entire range, articulate and musically involving. Using an integrated headshell DJ cartidge and surgically replacing the stock stylus for a Stereohedron line contact was a really good move. Kevin Barrett's a brilliant guy--that's for sure...
Salsa and Streisand, it's great to read about someone who listens to real music not the audiophile crap that gets played so much. Please, no more Jazz at the Pawnshop. Way to go P/A. Oh, and it's cold in space, Major Tom told me.