Looking to get TT

I seeking getting into a first TT and would like help!
My current system is Classe 25 amp, Classe CP-60 pre, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 D/A, Sonic Fontiers SFT-1 Transprt
and Martin Logan Ascent. My preamp doesn't have phono so I would need phono preamp to hook into my CP-60 so having explained my set and only wanting to spend no mor than $1000 on TT and phono pre can it be done?
Was thinkng going with music hall MMF-5 andCreek OBH-8 as this would be my first TT set up and total cost would be around $700. Is this going to give me many years of good sound? in the future I can go with phono card for my preamp.
jsawhitlock
I just moved up from a $200 table to a sota. Wow, what a difference. You have a nice system and will easily hear the difference. Someone told me the same thing when I got back into LPs. Get a nice used table (VPI, Sota or...) with whatever cartridge and tonearm for now. It will be much easier to upgrade your phono pre in the future than change cartrigdes or tonearms, let alone tables.

You can find a sota saphire for under $800 and get a parasound p/ph100 used for $99.

Enjoy the difference. I can't stand cd quality now!
Twl, After reading many post on TT it seems like your one of the guru on TT here and was wondering your thoughts on maybe MMF-5 with grado phono or MMF-7 with grado phono, or do you think I'm wasting my time with these types of TT. My digital is pretty good and hope my first TT can be close to my digital set up!
I listen to jazz and classic rock and want a table that can give good bass, lush mids and not brigh highs!
I know I'm asking alot but I hope I wont be disapointed if I go with the MMF-5 or 7. Down the road I will be installing a phono card in my CP-60 or step into a nice dedicated Phono pre. I pretty much want a TT that is more plug N play with not alot of messing around with but maybe upgradable in the future! Happy Listening!
I think the MMF 5 or 7 are good tables, and should surpass your digital rig - at least somewhat. I think they come pacakaged with a phono cartridge already installed, so they should be easy to get up and running. The Goldring cartridges that come with the tables are good cartridges of the MM type. The MMF tables tend to sound a little warm, and should be just what you are looking for, as far as the tonal qualities are concerned. I'd say it would be a good choice in your price range. I've heard some say that the 5 is good enough that spending more on the 7 might not be worth the extra dough.

I don't know about the Grado phono stage. I haven't used it. I have read about it, and the innovations in it may be quite good. At least it seems interesting.

Hard to go too far wrong with what you mentioned. Just remember that cartridges and tonearm cables take a little time to break in, so don't be too judgmental until after 30 hours or so, of play.
I would like to echo some previous comments. First, I just got back into analog about 18 months ago with a VPI HW-19 Jr. I now have a full blown MK IV. So yes, VPI's upgrade path is useful. I'm also fairly certain that once you taste analog, you will want to upgrade. So I would recommend that you either look at models that are easily upgradeable, or think of increasing your original budget, so you can get something you'll be happy with for more than a month. BTW, when I have time to listen, I almost always choose LP's these days. The cd player only gets used if I'm busy and/or feeling lazy, I'm even considering selling it.

Regards,
John
After reading alot of the post here and the recommendations from you guys here, are my choices

1. VPI-19 jr with AQ PT-6 arm
2. VPIHW-19 mk III
3. Sumiko Pro-Ject prospective
4. MMF-7
5. VPI Aries Scout

1 thru 4 are pretty close in price at $900-$1000 new
and the VPI Scout is $1400 new, what would you all buy?
Thanks!